Pulling - Series 1 & 2

Pulling is now available to view on the BBC Three website (it starts on BBC Three this Thursday).

I'm struggling to come up with a review for this one - let us know what you thought of it please!

Have only seen the ads so far, but it didnt exactly make me want to investigate any further.

DigiGuide is telling me that it's a comedy drama, which immediately translates (from prior experience) to "poo" in my mind. I'll see what I think come Thursday though.

I agree... what a looser! Teary

Certainly the Sky EPG said nothing of 'comedy drama' and even if it did... get a life. Its Sharon Horgan and Dennis Kelly writing (do your research), Tristram Shapeero directing (do your research) and was co-devised by the late great Harry Thompson (do your research)... How could you possibly not be intreged and excited by this show... what do you want series 4 of Catherine Tate on ASAP... god help us all! Wave

Lighten up. Just because someone isn't overly excited about the debut of Pulling doesn't mean that they need to get a life.

yeah sorry... it was more the unbelievable fact that two words taken from the EPG could mould someones opinion on an entire series that erked me... of course once someone has seen it then they can say what they like...

thanks for the lightening up advice... i am a little tense today!

cheers

:)

Having watched the hour long Ep1 I can see why BBC3 are so excited by this new show. Its got life, its got soul and its got real laughs. What I like about Horgan and Kelly and their particular brand of comedy is that they dont rely on the lowest common denominator to grab a laugh. We arent subjected to obvious sexual, racial or physical discrimination every 5 seconds out of some desperation to shock and therefore apparently entertain the nation.

With Pulling we are taken on a sometimes hysterical, sometimes feelgood and sometimes down right miserable journey through life, the way it should be. Some of the scenes are so amazingly and sensationally cringe worthy to the point you want to curl up and hide... when did you last feel that? the Office? Partridge? Curb?... this show has the appeal to stick around for many years to come and for us comedy lovers to really get to know the characters in a way we all should do in a true sitcom...

Well done all who worked on this show.

Cant wait for ep3... have heard something about a shaving incident that a mate of mine saw and said he laughed so much a "little bit of wee came out"... great show... Roll on BBC2 repeats... what you waiting for!!

I find it weird they invented a genre - comedy drama - that is neither comedy nor drama. Now that's clever.

Comedyman, if that diatribe was aimed at me, then its entirely up to me what i do and dont get excited about. The ads looked poor, so I wasnt excited. Nothing about it perked my interest, if its got you interested then thats up to you. Why so upset anyway? Its not like you wrote it. From now on I promise to be insanely excited about every single new comedy that is broadcast.

I'll reserve full judgement until I've watched a few episodes, but from the trailers it does look pretty dire.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 22, 2006, 5:36 PM

Comedyman ... Its not like you wrote it.

Actually, it's just like Comedyman wrote it.
Or worked on it, maybe?

It was certainly a passioned response.

Lines like, "With Pulling we are taken on a sometimes hysterical, sometimes feelgood and sometimes down right miserable journey through life, the way it should be" sounded like they came straight out of the press pack.

Encoraged by comedyman's glowing review I decided to give this a whirl. Alas, it was shit. Not funny, depressing, lazy writing, phoned in performances from all involved, tedious characters (especially the teacher - are we really supposed to believe that this emotional retard would be allowed near children?) and why did it drag on for so long? It took around three hours to get the main character away from her fiancee and in to the clutches of her f**kwit friends when the writers could have done this in two minutes.

Quote: comedyman... @ November 22, 2006, 8:01 AM

I agree... what a looser! Teary

Certainly the Sky EPG said nothing of 'comedy drama' and even if it did... get a life. Its Sharon Horgan and Dennis Kelly writing (do your research), Tristram Shapeero directing (do your research) and was co-devised by the late great Harry Thompson (do your research)... How could you possibly not be intreged and excited by this show... what do you want series 4 of Catherine Tate on ASAP... god help us all! Wave

Anger, anger everywhere, and not a moment to think.

Anyway, unfortunately it clashed with Question Time, so I'll have to catch a repeat.

Quote: Johnny Dee @ November 23, 2006, 2:57 PM

Actually, it's just like Comedyman wrote it.
Or worked on it, maybe?

I hope Comedyman didn't write it. From the evidence on this thread thus far, he or she can't spell "loser" or "irked" or use the common apostrophe.

Or "intrigued." Honestly, Mrs Thatcher has a lot to answer for.

ok... good boy!

ps - didnt write it, sadly...