Bill Bailey leaves Buzzcocks Page 5

Quote: zooo @ September 20 2008, 11:44 PM BST

As long as he's not leaving QI as well... Teary

I'm afraid so. He has not participated in any of the upcoming Series F episodes due to all these other "commitments". He's not in the UK at the moment, that's all I do know.....seems to be involved in many odd ball projects.

And just to clarify, he hasn't "left" Buzzcocks, he's just absent from this series. Reports suggest he may return in the future.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

I love him on QI.

Is this like when Chris Langham had a cold...?

Oh, that fateful night...

Quote: Joey Moose @ September 25 2008, 12:25 AM BST

And just to clarify, he hasn't "left" Buzzcocks, he's just absent from this series. Reports suggest he may return in the future.

True he hasn't left... but Mark Lamarr's departure was announced in a similar "he might be back" way.

Whilst I wasn't bothered about Lamarr not coming back (as has been discussed elsewhere, I think it is so much fresher with Amstell at the helm), Bill Bailey not coming back would be a huge blow.

I'm with you on Lamarr!
Well, and Bill.

Maybe, being at a loose end as he is, he might think of persuading Dylan Moran to resurrect the much missed Black Books..?

ooooh.

Just a personal wish.

With Atkinson's Blackadder gone, I can't see who other than Bernard Black who could serve up the kind of sardonic, dark irascibility which I enjoy.

All else I've looked at lately rates on my personal scale as puerile, funny-noise-or-face-making-instead-of-humour rubbish.

Quote: Charlton King @ September 25 2008, 3:59 PM BST

Just a personal wish.

With Atkinson's Blackadder gone, I can't see who other than Bernard Black who could serve up the kind of sardonic, dark irascibility which I enjoy.

All else I've looked at lately rates on my personal scale as puerile, funny-noise-or-face-making-instead-of-humour rubbish.

Do you mean you want Dylan Moran to play Blackadder?

No, he means he misses the dry, cutting wit humour which was common to Bernard Black and Edmund Blackadder. And that he believes it even less likely that Blackadder will return, than that Black Books could.

Ahhh, I see!

My thanks to Aaron BabelFish Brown.

I have been away for ages and now I return to this news. : ( I'll just have to go home and put Black Books on repeat over and over again. I do love that man, love.

Bob Mortimer this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!