Business Cards Page 3

Quote: Griff @ October 1 2008, 3:01 PM BST

You want to move out of Reading. Some bloke jumped off the Oracle centre yesterday.

I left Reading long ago. But it still haunts me. I'm not a native Readingite either, I feel compelled to add; just lived there for a while.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 1 2008, 4:02 PM BST

I left Reading long ago. But it still haunts me. I'm not a native Readingite either, I feel compelled to add; just lived there for a while.

That's your story...

Quote: Tuumble @ October 1 2008, 4:37 PM BST

That's your story...

No, really, honestly, truly. My birth certificate is proof. I'm not a real Reading person, please don't ever accuse me of that! :(

It didn't do Ricky Gervais any harm!!

Although of course, he left as soon as he could.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 1 2008, 4:52 PM BST

No, really, honestly, truly. My birth certificate is proof. I'm not a real Reading person, please don't ever accuse me of that! :(

Is reading the most souless place in Britain?

Not while Slough still stands.

Ah, but it's further from London.

Quote: Phill @ October 1 2008, 3:55 PM BST

Some people get handed so many business cards, particularly at networking events, they can't remember who gave them what afterwards. If the back's blank you can jot down something to remind them, like the name of the project you discussed or the place where you met 'guy in McDonalds!' or a basic descrition. 'Blonde with big tits' seems to work best.

One out of two ain't bad. Although that's out of a bottle.

A bottle of tits.

Is this the most ironic conversation ever?

"Writers hate Reading"

Quote: Phill @ October 1 2008, 3:55 PM BST

Some people get handed so many business cards, particularly at networking events, they can't remember who gave them what afterwards.

This is the reason I see little point in conventional business cards.

I think if you really want to be noticed the thing to do is get CD business cards...

As can be seen from the picture, they look pretty much like normal business cards... but the people you give them to can put them in their CD-Rom drives and access anything you've loaded onto them (e.g. sample scripts, your filmed pilot?).

They're expensive... but I think they'd be worth it as they're a clever way of getting a producer to look at your script/video (and, as is discussed multiple places on this website, the best way of getting that big break is meeting producers at conferences etc and then somehow getting them to look at your work... they hate bulky things, so perhaps this is the answer)

I give out johnnies, with a picture of Lindsay Lohan and the line

"Wanna' f**k me straight big boy?"

Then when big producers call me, they're so embarassed they just give me work.

At least in my imagination.

Quote: Mark @ October 1 2008, 11:31 PM BST

This is the reason I see little point in conventional business cards.

I think if you really want to be noticed the thing to do is get CD business cards...

As can be seen from the picture, they look pretty much like normal business cards... but the people you give them to can put them in their CD-Rom drives and access anything you've loaded onto them (e.g. sample scripts, your filmed pilot?).

They're expensive... but I think they'd be worth it as they're a clever way of getting a producer to look at your script/video (and, as is discussed multiple places on this website, the best way of getting that big break is meeting producers at conferences etc and then somehow getting them to look at your work... they hate bulky things, so perhaps this is the answer)

coooooooooooooooooooooooool

It's a good idea to get cards made up, something I might consider once I actually get something produced!

Get some business cards printed up with Graham Linehan's name but your contact details. If you hand them out to enough people you might get a job or two in all the confusion.

I often get emails from vistaprint offering me free business cards.

Try googling them and you may be in luck - just pay postage.

I had a batch made up - just pay the postage - and they're useful for dishing out when you go anywhere that might have somebody useful in attendance - or attractive.

Still hasn't worked for me under either circumstance.