DVD Bargains Page 9

Quote: swerytd @ September 29 2008, 3:23 PM BST

Yeah, I'm considering the Friends one. Also, not comedy but HMV (instore only -- and that may only be the Guildford branch) have the whole The West Wing for £50. I've never seen any of it, but heard it was excellent.

Dan

The West Wing is especially interesting now since the Jimmy Smits character was actually based on Barack Obama long before anybody knew he'd even run for office. And the last two seasons do spookily capture a lot of what's gone on in the campaign so far.

Quote: Aaron @ September 29 2008, 3:28 PM BST

It is really very good.

They also had the huge Laurel & Hardy box set for £50. Very tempted.

I've got it - its great. Most films have black & white and colour versions

Quote: Bad dog @ September 29 2008, 5:05 PM BST

It's been on my wants list, and at that price I've got to have it! Thanks, you've saved me a few £s here, Aaron.

Bought it in store at HMV on Saturday for £35.

Send it are doing series 1-4 of Monty Python's Flying Circus for £5.89 per series, which is the cheapest I've seen.

http://www.sendit.com/sendit/elysium.search?search=monty+python+flying+circus

I've seen copies of Peep Show series in Tesco's (Somerset) for £3, which is frankly unacceptable.

Is that the farmer edition with oo-ar translations and everything?

Ahahaha! Why is it you don't write comedy again?

Oh, hang on, I see why...

Dan

I don't wish to become bitter, twisted, and unable to find joy or entertainment in other programmes.

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 30 2008, 7:19 PM BST

Bought it in store at HMV on Saturday for £35.

That's much cheaper than other places I've seen on line. The last time I looked, Play were charging £47, and Sendit £45, so that's still quite a good bargain.

Quote: Aaron @ October 1 2008, 10:15 AM BST

I don't wish to become bitter, twisted, and unable to find joy or entertainment in other programmes.

Hey, hey, hey! I never found joy or entertainment in programmes anyway!

;)

Dan

Pissing on my own bonfire above, Friends Complete Series 1-10 is £49.99 at Zavvi:

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/DVD-friends/i.jsf

I don't know if Aaron has a 'cashback' link ;)

Dan

Unfortunately not!

Wow, that Garth Marenghi DVD link a couple of pages back now shows it to be £2.89!!

Tempting...

And Goodnight Sweetheart series 1 for £3.89.
If you like that sort of thing.