Business Cards Page 2

And then pop it in a London phonebox.

:D

"Jokes, Sketches, Sitcom and Violent Fisting"

mine's just got a big pair of y fronts on the front with my name and number and my agent's details on the back.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 1 2008, 1:55 PM BST

Jake How-'I Am Jake How'

Laughing out loud

Small change.

Jake How - "I am THE Jake How"

how about this for the ultimate in cool business cards...they're actually full of fake blood

Quote: Perry Nium @ October 1 2008, 2:14 PM BST

how about this for the ultimate in cool business cards...they're actually full of fake blood

They'd be more impressive with real blood.

Quote: chipolata @ October 1 2008, 2:30 PM BST

Especially if they were attatched to a vain, via a piece of tube. You could just pull one off and hand it out. Reading that back that just sounds wrong.

"Who shall we get to do the brochure, Tarquin? Shall we use Sober.Design Ltd, or that mad woman who gave us business cards filled with blood?"

Quote: chipolata @ October 1 2008, 2:30 PM BST

What about wee?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 1 2008, 2:38 PM BST

What about wee?

Wee's alright, what about you?

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ October 1 2008, 2:53 PM BST

Wee's alright, what about you?

Oh you know, dogged by the dark thoughts of depression, plagued by arrows of anxiety and bit of a sore back. So, not too bad thanks.

Oh you know, dogged by the dark thoughts of depression, plagued by arrows of anxiety

You want to move out of Reading. Some bloke jumped off the Oracle centre yesterday.

Quote: Griff @ October 1 2008, 1:40 PM BST

with the card being illustrated by the logos of the shows I have written for ie NewsRevue, Treason Show, Sitcom Trials, BBC7 Tilt etc.

Wouldn't that mean you'd need new cards every time you get another job? Writer of wrongs is excellent.

Well, the plan was to get a small number of cards made and get new ones every six months or something. Let's face it, if I ended up giving ten cards to industry people in that time I'd consider myself fortunate.

Quote: Paul W @ October 1 2008, 2:10 PM BST

Small change.

Jake How - "I am THE Jake How"

Major revision.

Jake How - "I can be ANYONE you want me to be"

>_<

I attach a business card to every new script I send off, they are useful tools particularly if you're at a festival or something.

Mind you, that's probably more use as a film writer than a sitcom writer.

One piece of advice I wish I'd been given before printing mine was: leave the back blank.

Some people get handed so many business cards, particularly at networking events, they can't remember who gave them what afterwards. If the back's blank you can jot down something to remind them, like the name of the project you discussed or the place where you met 'guy in McDonalds!' or a basic descrition. 'Blonde with big tits' seems to work best.