Stewart Lee

His show is on tonight. If you haven't seen it, I order you to watch it!

10:00pm - 11:40pm Paramount Comedy 1.

:D

*salutes* Yesssir!

Is it his stand up dvd?

Yeah I think so, it says film in Glasgow. In front of the Scotch audience ;)

You can get Lees stuff from a website called go faster stripe, I bought his 90s comedian from there, absolutely brilliant. I think that shows only available from them, theyre putting out stuff from comedians whos stuff wouldnt normally get released by ordinary distibutors because they wouldnt shift enough units.

Nice one Matthew.

Funnily enough I saw him last Thursday night in Colliers Wood, warming up for his Edinburgh show, 41st Best Stand-Up Ever. Ten minutes in and I was almost crying with laughter. The guy is just the best stand-up (IMO) and I could watch him all night.

Genius. If you get the chance to catch it in Edinburgh (or anytime), fully recommended from me and probably the rest of a packed crowd.

Also saw his 'art-comedy' piece What Would Judas Do? at the Bush Theatre in Shepherd's Bush a couple of months ago. If he deins to do that up there for a show or two, it's also worth catching. Not out-and-out comedy like the show above, but still provides more than a few laughs with a lot of audience participation.

Dan

I'd love to see Fist of Fun on DVD, and think it's a great shame Lee and Herring's TV careers never really took off.

See, to me they were huge in the 90s.
Maybe I'm remembering it skewed though.

I think they and still are more cult status with the student pop.

Yeah, to people my age they are gods. Gods! I say.
As is Nostradamus on her (his) horse.
And the actor Kevin Eldon.
And so on.

(Don't want to mention the scary orange)

Loved the pair when they were on tv, and Ive just got tickets to watch Lee live! Woo Hoo!

Quote: zooo @ June 18, 2007, 6:41 PM

Yeah, to people my age they are gods. Gods! I say.
As is Nostradamus on her (his) horse.
And the actor Kevin Eldon.
And so on.

Bless. *pats you on the head* :)

I am being patronised by a foetus.

A bloody big foetus.