Would I Lie To You?

Anyone else going to be watching this Saturday. David Mitchell and Lee Mack as captains, and Angus Deyton(sp) back where he belongs as the host of a panel show, what more can you ask for? I can't wait, and i hope it lives up to my expectations.

Definitely.
I have an unreasonably large amount of love for comedy panel shows. I'll watch anything. Even 8 out of 10 cats.

Nutter!

I'll give it ago.

I don't think there are more then there have ever been, but lately there seems to be a lot... of crap!

Billibongllywillongsdfds - Two "celebrity" team captains plus a different guest presenter each week, have fun in this irreverent gameshow about nothing!

Buzzcocks and HIGNFY are still good after all these years.

I have no point to make....

I'll be watching also.

On the theme of comedy panel shows, I got tickets to a new one today (pilot, I think). Basically, Hat Trick seem to be producing HIGNFY for ITV too.

"News Knight - With Sir Trevor McDonald"

I hope its as shit as that other David Mitchell shitfest the best of the worse. Oh and Angus Deaton, what a knob. In other words yes I will be watching.

I think it's easy television. Slap some half arsed nob on teh screen between two other half arsed nobs and voila. It doesn't really hold water that the show will be great. HIGNFY takes about two hours to tape, which they edit down to the show you see. So it's like a good night in the pub with all the crap cut out.

It also presents the illusion that some of these people are funnier than they are. Which in some cases is still not funny.

The rpesumption tat you can have a panel game which people will tune into week after week no matter how weak the guests are is a poor one, but it is 'safe' telly, and saves having to pay for an actual script.

I still enjoy HIGNFY though. It's one of my favourite programmes and I don't care how it's put together as long as the finished article is funny.

Closer to 3 than 2. I hate to think of all the gold we must have missed over the years.

Don't they put it on the DVD's?

Anyone watch the repeats? I do sometimes, even though I have no idea what their talking about half the time and that's just on the latest show.

Yeah, I was just saying sometimes it's a bit of a cheat when you see someone who you *know* isn't funny getting laughs and you can see teh edit. If you listen to the show through headphones you can hear more edits than you see on screen.

It irritates me slightly. but then again I have seen people who I think are superb stand ups flop badly even after editing.

The other thing that annoys me is sometimes they have someone on there and you know they are crap because they have said nothing by the end of the show.

Quote: Aaron @ June 12, 2007, 11:52 PM

Closer to 3 than 2. I hate to think of all the gold we must have missed over the years.

Possibly more mould than gold javascript:add_emoticon(';)')

Well, true, a lot is cut out because it's shit. But from my experience of studio recordings, some of the best stuff recorded never makes it to our screens.

I agree Ed. I've often noticed people say nothing - and what is worse is those who think they're being funny. (Who said me?)

Is this just going to be call my bluff with more tedious set ups. I can see it now someone says something like 'i shat on a horse' then Mitchell will explain in anal detail why that would be impossible and everyone laughs, except me because I saw the alleged joke coming 2 days before.

"I think Would I Lie To You is the greatest show ever made for the BBC."

Is that the truth, or is a lie?

To tell the truth, it was OK but not brilliant. It seemed a bit slow to start with but it did pick up at about round 4 of 7.