Doctor Who... Page 224

Quote: DaButt @ September 18 2008, 9:02 PM BST

Thou shalt not disparage nachos. Or quesadillas, tamales, enchiladas, tacos, burritos, carne asada, fajitas, etc. The U.K. needs better Mexican restaurants.

Agreed

Quote: Aaron @ September 18 2008, 9:04 PM BST

Like it needs to be the USA. I.e. not at all.

You don't like any Mexican food?! Weird.

I love Mexican food...

I dunno. I suppose some of it might be ok. But y'know, we don't need any more ... stuff.

I dunno.

Anyway.

And less KFC!

NOOOO! NEVER!

Dr Who is just really frothy and camp. I think the new series are utter crap but had huge potential to be classic. Billie Piper spoiled it I thought, I really hate it when failed pop singers turn to acting to try and remain in the limelight. David Tennant is a very talented actor though.

Some episodes are frothy and camp, I don't see how you could call a lot of them that though. Unless they're the ones you've missed.

Quote: Fantasy Bazaar @ September 22 2008, 9:06 PM BST

Billie Piper spoiled it I thought, I really hate it when failed pop singers turn to acting to try and remain in the limelight.

I think I'm correct in saying that it was almost the complete opposite; she went into the music business because she was young and couldn't yet get any acting work.

She's a good actor.

I can see why some people might find Rose Tyler annoying though. Even though I don't.

Quote: Aaron @ September 22 2008, 9:11 PM BST

I think I'm correct in saying that it was almost the complete opposite; she went into the music business because she was young and couldn't yet get any acting work.

More or less. She was at a stage school, training to be an actress, when, after appearing in an advert, was snapped up by a record label. She always wanted to act and intended to go back to it; which she has.

Quote: zooo @ September 22 2008, 9:07 PM BST

Some episodes are frothy and camp, I don't see how you could call a lot of them that though. Unless they're the ones you've missed.

It was the kind of comment made by people who don't really watch the show. Some are frothy, but how anyone could say that about, to take examples from the last series, Midnight or Silence In The Library is quite beyond me. It does piss me off when people try to dismiss the show as surface froth.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 22 2008, 9:56 PM BST

surface froth.

Try saying that out loud 10 times.

I recently found out why Billie Piper was lisping in that episode towards the end of Series 4. She claims it's because it was very cold weather and they always dress her in such a skimpy fashion.

I still haven't noticed it.

Quote: zooo @ September 22 2008, 9:59 PM BST

Try saying that out loud 10 times.

Surface froth, surface froth, surfeit grot, sure fire bott, sullen pop, woolen mop, fallen prop, golden cock, f**k-faced plop, sunburnt crop.

Easy peasy.

I read an interview with her where she talked about how everyone thought she was speaking funny in that episode.
She said (in that one) she didn't think she did speak any different and that it had all made her really self conscious and embarrassed.

Aw.