I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue - stage show

Saw this a few months back. Amazed at how scripted it was but fun nevertheless.

Can someone explain more about this please? I'm curious about what it's like - I don't get it you see - what is it, sort of the radio show but without the BBC microphones there?!?

Quote: Griff @ April 4 2008, 11:46 AM BST

The teams - Jeremy Hardy and Tim Brooke-Taylor vs. Graeme Garden and Barry Cryer

:O Wow!
I'm so jealous!

TBT and GG are great. :)

(Tim was, of course, in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, possibly the tiniest role in the film.)

Quote: Aaron @ April 4 2008, 9:05 PM BST

Tim was in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, possibly the tiniest role in the film.)

So you've heard the rumour too?

This is completely tucked away in the schedules, so I'll mention it in case people haven't noticed it... the only complete filmed recording of ISIHAC is making its debut on BBC4 tonight: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/im_sorry_i_havent_a_clue/

I had no idea this was on the telly, although I did know that the BBC are bringing out a DVD of the show. (See here)

So obviously scripted but still good as ever.

Quote: Chris Forshaw @ September 14 2008, 2:31 PM BST

So obviously scripted but still good as ever.

The reason why it was scripted is because that was material they had already done. I remember it because I have all of that material on CD and cassette. The tour in question contained material that had been done in old shows, such as the ones that Willie Rushton was in before he passed away.

Still, it was enjoyable.

Why didn't they show the bit at the end when Humph plays 'We'll meet again' ?

I saw the show last year and this and he played it then. Wonder if he did on this night?

Quote: Oldrocker @ September 15 2008, 5:57 PM BST

I saw the show last year and this and he played it then. Wonder if he did on this night?

My guess is that the show was edited down. According to Amazon, the DVD is 90 minutes long, although it does not say if that does or doesn't include extras.

Quote: Oldrocker @ September 15 2008, 5:57 PM BST

He did - it was brilliant to see him play. They showed it on the Humph tribute programme shown afterwards.

Quote: JuliaC @ September 15 2008, 8:59 PM BST

He did - it was brilliant to see him play. They showed it on the Humph tribute programme shown afterwards.

So, hopefully, it will be on the DVD . . . :)

Lucky to see the stage show in my neck of the North Wales woods this month, brilliant show. They described it as an Aniversary tour.
Mark it's simply a touring version of the radio show.
Strange but I watched a late version with Humph on YouTube a couple of days before hand. And watching the live show they included some of the same routines. Including Barry Cryer and Jeremy Hardy doing the same Barry Cryer and Graeme Garden Hamish and Dougal routine.
Brilliant stuff catch it where you can.

I saw it in Oxford late in 2016. Nothing but old routines you've heard before using jokes you'd heard before that.

Bloody brilliant Laughing out loud