Unexpected comedy connections

When looking at my Tony Hancock book of photographs (written by Roger Wilmut) I noticed that one of the actors in the TV episode, The Lift, was in fact Roger Lloyd Pack's dad. Wowser!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lloyd_Pack

Perhaps this isn't even relavent but I love the ways that all the actors in Spaced, Black Books, Green Wing, Little Britain, The Office, Extras & Peep Show all cross over - I watched that brilliant episode of Black Books last night where Simon Pegg appears as Evan. My favorite line has to be "I took a risk when I employed you Manny, don't eat muffins when I'm developing you".

"Who is this rudderless hippy?"
:D

Quote: Katay8020 @ August 27 2008, 2:43 PM BST

Perhaps thisi isnt even relavent but I love the ways that all the actors in Spaced, Black Books, Green Wing, Little Britain, The Office, Extras & Peep Show all cross over - I watched that brilliant episode of Black Books last night where Simon Pegg appears as Evan. My favorite line has to be "I took a risk when I employed you Manny, don't eat muffins when I'm developing you".

Actually, you can connect almost any of the big comedy actors, from the last 15 years. Mark Heap, who was in Spaced and Green Wing, was also in Happiness, with Paul Whitehouse, Johnny Vegas, and that dark-haired Mancunian actress, who played his (Heap's) wife. This immediately connects him to The Fast Show and Help (Whitehouse), Shooting Stars and Ideal (Vegas), and Smack the Pony (Dark-haired Mancunian actress). From there, the web of connection just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Actually, I've just realised, this isn't really the same as what you were talking about, is it? I was getting it confused with that Kevin Bacon game.

Quote: catskillz @ August 27 2008, 5:22 PM BST

Actually, you can connect almost any of the big comedy actors, from the last 15 years. Mark Heap, who was in Spaced and Green Wing, was also in Happiness, with Paul Whitehouse, Johnny Vegas, and that dark-haired Mancunian actress, who played his (Heap's) wife. This immediately connects him to The Fast Show and Help (Whitehouse), Shooting Stars and Ideal (Vegas), and Smack the Pony (Dark-haired Mancunian actress). From there, the web of connection just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Actually, I've just realised, this isn't really the same as what you were talking about, is it? I was getting it confused with that Kevin Bacon game.

LOL :D Not really know, although Mark Heap is another one that get around the circle of sitcomes (inc. Brass Eye - which I love). I am however intrigued by your confusion! What is the Kevin Bacon game??

I dunno, I find all the chumminess of it a bit sour. Many of them I don't consider particularly special, and yet they appear in every other show produced this decade.

Quote: Katay8020 @ August 28 2008, 10:02 AM BST

LOL :D Not really know, although Mark Heap is another one that get around the circle of sitcomes (inc. Brass Eye - which I love). I am however intrigued by your confusion! What is the Kevin Bacon game??

6 Degress of Kevin Bacon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Degrees_of_Kevin_Bacon

Watched "Spaced" last night Simon Pegg passed a pint to that fella out of the Bluetones

And of course there's the infamous moment in Cheers when Frasier sits next to the actor who went on to play his father in Frasier.