'Slaterwood'...check this out! Page 2

Good Walken impression. Not sure about the rest. Maybe Bob Gold was OK.

Oh, he went a bit Pacino at the end.

I thought this was the most original thing I'd seen in a long time.

'That's just f**king ridiculous'
'How does it work?'
'It doesn't'
Laughing out loud

The Walken baby sitter was brilliant, but I'd agree I stopped laughing when the Mum came in.

Wierdly the whole program swung from me laughing so hard it hurt to sitting there in silence. The same thing happened to me when watching The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer or The Mighty Boosh for the first time.

People should watch this. Why did it get such a late slot?

I actually changed the channel.

Actually I'll add Little Britain to the list. Aaron has there been a new comedy that you have liked? I think you even slagged off the Kevin Bishop show at the start.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 23 2008, 12:24 AM BST

Aaron has there been a new comedy that you have liked?

Yes.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 23 2008, 12:24 AM BST

I think you even slagged off the Kevin Bishop show at the start.

No.

That's only because you've met him *grumble*

I bloody enjoyed it! I agree with you Simon...very original. Aaron you seem a right bloody misery....if you're into comedy why dismiss something so quick?? At least watch it in it's entirity! Each to there own I suppose but I suggest you get a 'funny bone' transplant sharpish...

Really hope this takes off for the budding comic....think there's alot of potential in the chracters and it deserves a series!! I say we have a comedy revolution!!!! Can't wait to see whats next..

Quote: shellyspowerz @ August 23 2008, 12:42 AM BST

I bloody enjoyed it! I agree with you Simon...very original. Aaron you seem a right bloody misery....if you're into comedy why dismiss something so quick?? At least watch it in it's entirity! Each to there own I suppose but I suggest you get a 'funny bone' transplant sharpish...

Really hope this takes off for the budding comic....think there's alot of potential in the chracters and it deserves a series!! I say we have a comedy revolution!!!! Can't wait to see whats next..

Well said fella, welcome to the forum.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 23 2008, 12:29 AM BST

That's only because you've met him *grumble*

Indeed I have, but I did genuinely like the show.

Aaron you seem a right bloody misery....if you're into comedy why dismiss something so quick?

Damn. First time I ever change channel, and this is where it gets me. >_<

Just to clarify... I knocked the TV remote, and it went onto BBC One, who were showing some of the Olympic opening ceremony. My dad, having not seen it, wanted to watch for a bit. I was so unimpressed with the first 10 minutes or so of Slaterwood that I didn't protest.

The guy seemed to be a talented performer, but the 'comedy' I saw was terrible. I'll watch it again to catch those minutes I missed, but the aesthetics of the show were vile IMO, so I'm not going to expect myself to suddenly love it.

Ah, fair enough. It may not be everyone's cup of tea anyway like Flight of the Conchords or the MB. Have to say I wasn't upset by the format, I think some of the scenes just went on a bit too long.

I bloody enjoyed it! I agree with you Simon...very original. Really hope this takes off for the budding comic....think there's alot of potential in the chracters and it deserves a series!! I say we have a comedy revolution!!!! Can't wait to see whats next..

Are you going to declare your interest?

:)