QI - Moving to BBC One

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/2008/08/blog_qi_creator_on_its_move_to_bbc1.html

Have heard from several sources that we could see some drastic changes for the show when it makes the move to BBC One, too.

Suppose it could be a good or bad thing really. Depends which elements of the show they decide to alter.

Let hope it stays funny and Q.I.

Blimey. I can't imagine that they would change much. Would they? Errr

Quote: Aaron @ August 20 2008, 10:10 PM BST

Blimey. I can't imagine that they would change much. Would they? Errr

More mainstream guests for one.

I like to think Stephen wouldn't let it go all rubbish. Or even slightly rubbish.
He knows it's an important cosy corner of loveliness on the telly.

He would poo poo their poo poo's or something along such lines.

They'll do the usual and f**k about with it in the schedules until no-one knows it's on, then claim no-one's watching and cancel it.

(I often wonder: Who are these people who only watch BBC1 and are seemingly ignorant of the existance of the 'Channel up/down' buttons on their television/remotes? Have they been sat there just watching one channel their entire lives?)

Dan

Well, Series F has already been recorded. So if any major changes are made, then it would be until Series G. Mind you, it might affect some things such as their "Children in Need" specials.

They won't change it. John Loyd wouldn't let that happen. Plus, they never changed HIGNFY when it transferred to BBC1.

Quote: swerytd @ August 21 2008, 9:29 AM BST

(I often wonder: Who are these people who only watch BBC1 and are seemingly ignorant of the existance of the 'Channel up/down' buttons on their television/remotes? Have they been sat there just watching one channel their entire lives?)

It's a bizarre attitude, isn't it? Just the basic concept that stuff gets 'promoted' to BBC 1. Ratings do seem to back up more people watching BBC 1 than BBC 2; but you're right, who are they? And what is their problem with *gasp* other channels?

Are they ultra-conservatives who think BBC 2 is one step closer to Communism?

Maybe they think the Queen only approves of BBC 1?

Is it some massive collection of geriatric viewers who either still don't know there's a BBC 2, or perhaps think it's some upstart whippersnapper?

Why does this happen? Are people really so straight-laced they think BBC 2 is 'weird' and 'out there'? I'd love to know what it is.

Quote: Griff @ August 21 2008, 11:56 AM BST

My parents still consider BBC2 to be dangerously intellectual and not for the likes of them, but they're in their seventies. I'm pretty sure they've never watched C4 or Five in their lives.

Not even "Countdown"? Don't tell me that there are still people in their seventies who haven't watched "Countdown"?

Also, for those interested, BBC 7 is repeating "The Alan Davies Show" next week.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ August 21 2008, 12:12 PM BST

Not even "Countdown"? Don't tell me that there are still people in their seventies who haven't watched "Countdown"?

Countdown hasn't been the same since Richard Whitely died. And it was never as good after they extended it from 30 minutes to 45 minutes. Big mistake.

Quote: Griff @ August 21 2008, 11:56 AM BST

My parents still consider BBC2 to be dangerously intellectual and not for the likes of them, but they're in their seventies. I'm pretty sure they've never watched C4 or Five in their lives.

Maybe this is the problem with TV?

Perhaps the majority of TV viewers are in their seventies while all the kids are off fiddling with themselves over YouTube?

Quote: Griff @ August 21 2008, 1:58 PM BST

I don't think I've met a single person under 35 who listens to radio comedy or even knows such a thing exists.

You should try hanging out with people who aren't idiots. ;)

In that case, we have to meet. I'm 22.