Mock The Week - 2007 & 2008 Page 13

I only caught the end of it.

Not being sexist but..........

Was it funnier because there were no women in it?

Mark Watson really has to slow down his delivery, its killing him. He isn't actually Welsh either, that's just an act. I really don't get the appeal of Russel Howard. All he seems to do is make "funny" quips about dogs and vomiting. He seems to go for the whole random zany style of comedy but he just completely fails to pull it off. Scotland

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 31 2008, 11:30 PM BST

Ever?

Never ever.

Quote: Griff @ July 31 2008, 11:36 PM BST

I thought Russell Howard was very good tonight.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to take a point off you for that one.

Quote: David Chapman @ July 31 2008, 11:31 PM BST

I only caught the end of it.

Not being sexist but..........

Was it funnier because there were no women in it?

Funnier cos there were no crap women in it yes. And no crap men.

Are you having a non-laughy day ian?
Or do you not normally find it that funny?

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2008, 11:43 PM BST

Are you having a non-laughy day ian?
Or do you not normally find it that funny?

I just don't rate the show. The format doesn't work imo, and I just can't work out what exactly people are laughing at.
I really like Frankie and Hugh when I see them on other things, but even they fail me on this show. Really, which bits did you find funny zooo? I'm seriously interested to know.

I do smile sometimes though - but that's the limit.

Ah, sorry ..it's not in here is it!

Now where IS that room of saddos discussing a witless panel show..?

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 31 2008, 11:46 PM BST

Ah, sorry ..it's not in here is it!

Now where IS that room of saddos discussing a witless panel show..?

I'm on your side Frankie. Take me with you!

I usually laugh most at the standy up-y rounds where they step forward with jokes. Mainly Frankie, but I think they're all funnier in those rounds.
The bits where they make up captions that match the intitals under a news photo aren't particularly funny though.
But Frankie will be laugh out loud funny (to me) all the way through, no matter what he's talking about, cos he goes off on tangents.

Quote: ian_w @ July 31 2008, 11:47 PM BST

I'm on your side Frankie. Take me with you!

You have the POWER!

Switch OFF that TV ... you CAN do it, Ian!

I have faith in you.. there is hope.. you have seen the light, now turn the f**ker OFF!

Fx

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2008, 11:51 PM BST

I usually laugh most at the standy up-y rounds where they step forward with jokes. Mainly Frankie, but I think they're all funnier in those rounds.
The bits where they make up captions that match the intitals under a news photo aren't particularly funny though.
But Frankie will be laugh out loud funny (to me) all the way through, no matter what he's talking about, cos he goes off on tangents.

Ahhh, I remember you saying now that it was FB keeping you into it. I think he's fecking hilarious but in this for some reason...ah I just dunno!

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 31 2008, 11:57 PM BST

You have the POWER!

Switch OFF that TV ... you CAN do it, Ian!

I have faith in you.. there is hope.. you have seen the light, now turn the f**ker OFF!

Fx

:O

You can turn them off??!!! Wow, this may mean, like, a whole new world!

:) I know!

Keep moving toward the light until you see the nob.. *ahem*

Quote: zooo @ July 31 2008, 10:00 PM BST

Not that one!
Although thank you kindly. :)

The 'we've lost your bags' one. He sings it, and I don't get why.

Ahhhh, ok. I'll shuffle off quietly then.

Usually Frankie makes me laugh out loud but the last episode he just didn't, I don't know what was wrong with him, granted the John McCain thing was quite funny but nothing else was that funny. Although I did think that Russell Howard had one of his better episodes.

Well I rather enjoyed this week's episode. Frankie Boyle was the best by far, but all on good form. Very funny.

Very good. The Cameron & Johnson on a bus voice over was excellent!