The Armstrong & Miller Show

I saw an episode on BBC Four the other night and although they are good character actors I thought it was absolute crap. There was a large team of writers (not A&M) on the credits but they wouldn't know a good gag if it smacked them in the face.

I concur with Griff, it's hit and miss, but the hits are bang on target.

I am a big fan of Armstrong & Miller (and Simon Blackwell) and I'm really looking forward to the new series!

I concur with Griff, it's hit and miss, but the hits are bang on target.

There were a lot more misses than hits I think

I agree with most above, it's a good show.

I think this is a great show! One of the best sketch shows out there at the moment. Far superior than That Mitchell and Webb Look anyway.

Quote: NickTheDon @ July 31 2008, 6:30 PM BST

I think this is a great show! One of the best sketch shows out there at the moment. Far superior than That Mitchell and Webb Look anyway.

Ooh, don't know about that. A & M is very good, but theres a bit more variety in M & W, and you get the odd really great, not so straight forward idea.

Agree that it's hit & miss. I like the posh/chav pilots best. I thought their C4 series was better.

Chuffy!

When does the new series start?

Quote: Winterlight @ July 31 2008, 8:48 PM BST

When does the new series start?

Is it this Friday? There seems to be no advertising, i haven't seen any, but I think I read that somewhere. Maybe it was this site. Who knows? Not me.

Buggering Christmas, yes, it is on tomorrow. If it is new. I'm not sure if I set it to record. I hope I'm home on time.

COMEDY: The Armstrong and Miller Show
On: BBC One
Date: Friday 1st August 2008
Time: 21:30 to 22:00

Beneath the veneer of po-faced respectability lies a wealth of great characters in Alexander Armstrong and Ben Miller's sketch show.

Quote: Griff @ July 31 2008, 8:16 PM BST

Yeah I'm a massive Mitchell and Webb fan too. Their radio show is even better than the TV one for some reason.

The radio shows were great, but I just don't find their sketches as consistently funny as Armstrong & Miller. I thought the last series was really poor, the Helivets were just terrible. Can't remember most of the other characters which shows just how much of an effect it had on me, personally!

A&M come up with some gems. They are hit and miss, but I don't even see why people bother saying this since all sketch shows are. Name one sketch show that's 100% spot on!
Stuff like the one where they name the new phone by swinging a man into a board of random letters was brilliant.

Armstrong & Miller today is a repeat by the way.

I liked the Armstrong and Miller show. It was very good comedy for BBC1 at that time (i.e a 'mainstream' show). You can really tell that they tried the material out first in front of live audiences.