Simon Pegg in new Star Trek Page 2

Damn I read Sooty at the top of this thread.

Should be good, as long as they don't screw it up like Diehard, Superman, Indiana Jones, Knite Ryder....

Seriously I'm psyched whose the bad guys gonna be?

nazis.

So who's Leonard Nimoy playing? I have to say the new Lt. Ohura (can't be arsed to look up the spelling) makes me want to have some quiet time in a private place.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ July 25 2008, 10:48 PM BST

So who's Leonard Nimoy playing?

Spock too, I think. In the future. In the future, future. The future thats a bit more in the future than this film.

So who's Leonard Nimoy playing? I have to say the new Lt. Ohura (can't be arsed to look up the spelling) makes me want to have some quiet time in a private place.

I always thought that about the original Uhuru.

I am so very excited about this - am such a big fan of simon pegg - i only hope he remembers his roots before he turms all hollywood!

Quote: Katay8020 @ July 31 2008, 3:10 PM BST

I am so very excited about this - am such a big fan of simon pegg - i only hope he remembers his roots before he turms all hollywood!

Is he really the type to turn all Hollywood, though? Naah! Too much of fanboy for that.

They shouldn't have had Leonard Nimoy in it, though. It would have been better as a complete break from the old stuff.

I used to like simon pegg till I saw him being interviewd after HotFuzz and he'd turned into one of those horrid comedy scientist types....I think his quote (concerning run etc) was something like " yeah, its really going to be a great film and it makes a real change be in something I'm not directing" I wated for a clue of irony but alas he appeared to be totally serious....ly turning into a rich knob...

Quote: gary ash @ August 1 2008, 10:34 PM BST

turning into a rich knob...

I can't say I've seen that myself. Even if he has, as long as the work he produces is still top notch, he can be as big a twat as he likes in private! :)
I'm not going to know him on a social level, so I don't care what he's actually like.

Quote: gary ash @ August 1 2008, 10:34 PM BST

" yeah, its really going to be a great film and it makes a real change be in something I'm not directing"

Actually, does Pegg direct?? He doesn't, does he? Not his films, or Spaced any way.

Maybe he said write...

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 1 2008, 10:39 PM BST

Actually, does Pegg direct?? He doesn't, does he? Not his films, or Spaced any way.

Nope. That's the great Edgar Wright.

Any chance of photographic evidence? (Of the new Lt. Uhura that is, not of what you get up to in a private place...)