What are you listening to now? Page 4

Quote: Aaron @ May 27, 2007, 5:41 PM

I'm just listening to my two computers humming away. Nice.

A bit like Aaron all I’m listening to is the hum of my PC, will I say hum it sounds more like a tube train approaching, any suggestions how I can shut the bloody noisy thing up.

a 12 boar shot gun, or just stroke it in a very courteous manner like you would your favourite pussy until it falls asleep on your desk. ERM...oh yeah just like in rehab

Quote: Britcom Barry @ May 28, 2007, 4:15 PM

A bit like Aaron all I’m listening to is the hum of my PC, will I say hum it sounds more like a tube train approaching, any suggestions how I can shut the bloody noisy thing up.

Make sure it's got good ventilation, and try to clean any dust out of the fan vents. Failing that, a new machine!

Crash Test Dummies - God Shuffled His Feet

Been stuck in my head for the last couple of days.

I love the mmm mmm mmm song by the Crash Test Dummies, i'm listening to Cold War Kids, Coldcut and Pendulem (yes I am trying to be cool). Off to watch/listen to Larry Sanders now.

I'm finishing off my sci-fi short story this weekend so I have a stack of CDs to help provide some essential ambience.

I'm starting with 'The Nightfly' by Donald Fagen (listening now), a couple of Yes albums: 'Close to the Edge' and 'Fragile', the 'Bladerunner' soundtrack (always gets me in the mood for writing science-fiction), Nelly Furtado's 'Loose', 'The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway' by Genesis, 'Music for Airports' by Brian Eno, the 'Solaris' soundtrack (beautiful temple drums) by Cliff Martinez...

That'll do for today anyway. I'll change it all for tomorrow's stint.

Quote: ajp29 @ June 2, 2007, 3:47 AM

I love the mmm mmm mmm song by the Crash Test Dummies,

Just been listening to that one too. Afternoons & Coffeespoons is also an immense track.

LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends.

Yeawh!

Lee Evans. XL Tour. Thing. Fell asleep in the middle though...

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ June 2, 2007, 9:58 AM

I'm finishing off my sci-fi short story this weekend so I have a stack of CDs to help provide some essential ambience.

I'm starting with 'The Nightfly' by Donald Fagen (listening now), a couple of Yes albums: 'Close to the Edge' and 'Fragile', the 'Bladerunner' soundtrack (always gets me in the mood for writing science-fiction), Nelly Furtado's 'Loose', 'The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway' by Genesis, 'Music for Airports' by Brian Eno, the 'Solaris' soundtrack (beautiful temple drums) by Cliff Martinez...

That'll do for today anyway. I'll change it all for tomorrow's stint.

Wow - you love Yes? Me too. Seen them about 5 times. I do like Topographic Oceans and Yes Album. Last year I goit Roger Dean (cover artist) to sign my Relayer CD.

I was listening to Sam Cooke today.

Quote: David Chapman @ June 3, 2007, 12:35 AM

Wow - you love Yes? Me too. Seen them about 5 times. I do like Topographic Oceans and Yes Album. Last year I goit Roger Dean (cover artist) to sign my Relayer CD.

You bet I love Yes.

5 times? Wow... I've only seen them live once... but I was lucky enough to catch them a few years ago at the Royal Centre in Nottingham, when they toured as the original line-up. It was an amazing gig.

Roger Dean spawned a whole new era of surrealism with those album covers didn't he? When I first got 'into' 3D modelling, his work was some of the first I tried to emulate.

I'm a big fan of Chris Squire too... just an amazing bassist. He influenced a lot of my early playing (him and Geddy Lee).

There's a Yes tribute band called Fragile coming my way soon.

Not sure if I want to go or not - one of those I'll like the music but it may be really crap things.

My head banging against the railings!

Quote: David Chapman @ June 3, 2007, 2:06 AM

There's a Yes tribute band called Fragile coming my way soon.

Not sure if I want to go or not - one of those I'll like the music but it may be really crap things.

I use to worry about going to see tribute bands (mainly because I’d seen publicity for the really naff Abba and Beatles copies)... but there are some out there that really know their stuff. The musicianship is excellent and, more importantly, they capture the feel of the real thing.

I went to see a band called ‘The Musical Box’ cover the entire Genesis album ‘The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway’ at the Cambridge Corn Exchange a couple of years ago. It was an amazing gig… they’ve even managed to get hold of parts of the original set and props. The playing was superb, they’d nailed the sound… and the lead singer was even better than Peter Gabriel, in my opinion!

Mr. Gabriel has actually taken his kids to see the band because he wanted to show them what their dad had been up to in the early ‘70s.

I was only six years old when Genesis toured this originally so it gave me the chance to see a performance that was as close to the real thing as is possible to get.

I’ve not seen Fragile play myself but I have heard good things. I think Steve Howe has even played with them. You should go… you’ll probably have a great time.