Panel shows Page 5

Quote: Graham Bandage @ July 23 2008, 4:30 PM BST

I wish I knew how to get an umlaut. You must have special keyboards in Germany with loads of extra characters like that double-S thing.

Start > Run > "charmap"

Bingo.

Quote: Aaron @ July 23 2008, 5:19 PM BST

Start > Run > "charmap"

Bingo.

What Windows are you using? There's no Bingo on mine.

Quote: Aaron @ July 23 2008, 5:19 PM BST

Start > Run > "charmap"

Bingo.

Yeah, thanks, Aaron. Sadly, the IT department at my place of employment long ago decided that Character Map would be too much of a distraction and have removed it from all PCs in the building. Somebody must have been spending too much time laughing at the Wingdings character set.

The "Run" facility is also missing from my Start menu.

I wish this were not true.

How very rather gay. Can you download stuff? It's a simple, single .exe file.

Quote: Aaron @ July 24 2008, 8:24 AM BST

How very rather gay. Can you download stuff? It's a simple, single .exe file.

Nah, we're on a thin client system.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ July 23 2008, 10:32 AM BST

My list of favourite panel games are:

QI
I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue
Mock The Week
Have I Got News For You
The Unbelievable Truth
Just a Minute
The News Quiz
Would I Lie To You?
Never Mind The Buzzcocks
8 Out of 10 Cats

I like them all, but the quality of guests on "8 Out of 10 Cats" and "Never Mind The Buzzcocks" tend to annoy me, especially when they get people from "Big Brother" and other reality TV shows.

Good shows, in the right order with excellent 'quality of guests comment'. Exactly as I would have posted myself, perfect post Mr Wolf :)

Quote: Graham Bandage @ July 24 2008, 10:18 AM BST

Nah, we're on a thin client system.

How really rather poo.

Quote: Sofa_Matt @ July 24 2008, 10:29 AM BST

Good shows, in the right order with excellent 'quality of guests comment'. Exactly as I would have posted myself, perfect post Mr Wolf :)

Thanks very much. By the way, I've just finished making a guide for "The Unbelievable Truth", and I'm waiting for it to go online, so look out for it. It will be the first entry for the BCG under the letter "U".

Just noticed that you are an official QI Newshound. Whats involved? How long have you been doing it? Does it pay?

Quote: Sofa_Matt @ July 24 2008, 10:46 AM BST

Just noticed that you are an official QI Newshound. Whats involved? How long have you been doing it? Does it pay?

My job involves finding news stories which are quite interesting and reporting them on the QI website. I've been doing it for well over a year. I don't get paid money, but there is a form of payment in that there is the chance that stories are sometimes reported on QI and The Museum of Curiosity.

So far, only one story has been mention, and that was on The Museum of Curiosity. It was about "The Times" doing a poll in which it asked people to create a new motto for Britain in five words of less. See Here

The most recent story I've reported (done so today) was about an American News paper which made a typo... on it's front page... in the paper's own title. See here