Ronni Ancona

Aaaaaahhh.

Don't interupt me for the next half hour.

OK.

I was actually fearing the worst - a new sketch show by someone "established".

Some of the gags were a bit predictable but the actual script and delivery (acting that is) more than made up for it I think.

Yeah, I agree. Ronni Ancona is good - seems to have a fun personality too. Did you see her on Paul O'Grady, David?

No - but I saw her on Jonathan Ross a while ago and also on HIGNFY.

It was all right I guess, nothing spectacular but i'd probably watch it again. And you may not agree but i thought she was hot as Kate Moss.

Got bored after 10 minutes.

I preferred her as the Vamp.

It was pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Dear me, and all the writers they used as well.

Why do they pick such easy targets? The writers are sat in a room. "I know, let's do something about Jade Goody, Kate Moss, Coleen whatever." A half-assed attempt at comedy.

Might I suggest these people put the tabloids down, go and do a part-time job somewhere and discover real people who viewers can identify with.

The two bright spots in it was the guy with the big hair who looked a bit like Louis Theroux. And seeing Alex Lowe on screen. He's terrific in Clare In The Community yet was hardly given a word to say in this. Mind you, I think he contributed to the script :$

Not brilliant, but good. :)

Yeah, I thought it was half-decent. I met Ronni Ancona once and I really fancy her, so I'm probably a tad biased. She's very funny in 'real life' too, I found.

It wasn't the full article but i will watch again, IMO it was better than the first episode of ruddy hell it's harry and paul, hopefully it go's from strength to strength.

I gave it about ten minutes... but it really didn't do much for me. I don't give two hoots whether she's sexy or not... I mean, yes, she's very pleasant to look at (although, oddly enough, for an impressionist her voice irritates me) but I can't sit there and watch a sketch show on an eye-candy basis.

Admittedly, I had a film on DVD waiting… which I was keen to get to. And I think I'm just a bit fed up of sketch shows in general.

Her introduction piece was a little different… and I thought ‘aha, this looks promising’ (does anyone know if this sort of thing has been done before?) but the bits of the show I saw didn’t really live up to this intro.

The joke about her budget and Jonathan Ross’s tie was funny.

Yes it has been done before, it's called a Monologue.

It felt to me like she was apologising for the show.

Quote: Leevil @ May 26, 2007, 12:35 PM

Yes it has been done before, it's called a Monologue.

It felt to me like she was apologising for the show.

Monologue? Really? *sigh*

;)