Great last episodes? Page 3

I was watching Early Doors last night (to escape Lab Rats) and that's got a great last episode. In it's own way, as touching, funny and cathartic as the last episode of The Office.

I always wanted to drop an atom bomb on Eastenders.

The last ever episode of Two Pints, where federation stormtroopers (a la Blake's 7) burst in and shoot everyone.

Or the last episode of the Vicar of Dibley, where Dawn French rips her mask off to reveal she's really Patrick McGoohan.

the 'final' episode of M*A*S*H, when they killed off Henry. Shame they brought it back, never had the same bite afterwards.

I beg to differ.
MASH went very strong for another 3-4 years. Right when they could lost it, along came Charles Emerson Winchester III and saved the day.

But naturally, Abyssinia, Henry was a very good episode. The ending for me is right there with Blackadder's ending.

If it had have been the last (as was expected at the time) Back To Reality would have been a fantastic finish to Red Dwarf.

We can all agree that there has been some great endings to these shows, but I'm not sure whether I prefer shows which don't "end" properly and leave it open for further episodes.

I wonder how The Mighty Boosh will end? :O

Regarding the "ending" to I'm Alan Partridge Series 2....I don't think that was an "ending" at all. Whilst it certainly wrapped up that particular series very well, I think the show deserves one more series yet, and will probably get one too. His story isn't finished yet! :)

The ending to series 2 makes me laugh though, when (after assaulting a baptist using the Peter Pervis anecdote) he asks the pulp factory worker if Blue Peter ever did a programme there, to which the worker replies "No".....Partridge then begins to slowly walk away with his "souvenir" (the remains of one of his pulped books) and then gradually starts to leg it in the distance Laughing out loud

Of course, that wasn't the last episode anyway, as "Anglian Lives - With Alan Partridge" aired the following week, which was unofficially the seventh episode of series 2, but made to look like a real one-off documentary about him.

Quote: Bad dog @ July 11 2008, 12:13 PM BST

The last ever episode of Two Pints, where federation stormtroopers (a la Blake's 7) burst in and shoot everyone.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Joey Moose @ July 14 2008, 12:12 AM BST

Of course, that wasn't the last episode anyway, as "Anglian Lives - With Alan Partridge" aired the following week, which was unofficially the seventh episode of series 2, but made to look like a real one-off documentary about him.

I think Anglian Lives was originally just intended as a DVD extra, but it was probably funnier than some commissioned shows so they decided to stick it out.

Quote: chipolata @ July 14 2008, 12:21 PM BST

I think Anglian Lives was originally just intended as a DVD extra, but it was probably funnier than some commissioned shows so they decided to stick it out.

No, it was a ruse to get a bigger budget for series 2.

"Yes, BBC, we'll give you SEVEN Partridge episodes . . . "

So they spent a 7 episode budget on 6 episodes, and churned out a cheap one full of old clips.

Quote: Seefacts @ July 14 2008, 1:26 PM BST

No, it was a ruse to get a bigger budget for series 2.

"Yes, BBC, we'll give you SEVEN Partridge episodes . . . "

So they spent a 7 episode budget on 6 episodes, and churned out a cheap one full of old clips.

It wasn't full of old clips, it was an interview between Partridge and a local journalist played by Peter Bayhnham. It was still probably dirt cheap, though.

Quote: chipolata @ July 14 2008, 3:20 PM BST

It wasn't full of old clips, it was an interview between Partridge and a local journalist played by Peter Bayhnham. It was still probably dirt cheap, though.

There was some old footage though - like Partridge by a canal.

Most of it was new, though.

Quote: chipolata @ July 14 2008, 3:30 PM BST

Most of it was new, though.

It's been a while since I've seen it actually.

The point was, though, that - as we've said - it would have been cheap as chips to make.

I know. I just like disagreeing with you, Seefacts. You're the Yin to my raging Yang.