Carry On... Page 3

Carry On Camping.

Mrs. Fussey: Joan may think you're a gentleman but personally I've got sore misgivings.

Sid Boggle: You ought to put some talcum powder on them.

haha.

And Fenella Fielding smouldering in more ways than one in Screaming.

"Would you mind if I smoke?"

Carry on Screaming is one of my favourite Carry Ons.

Harry H. Corbett was brilliant in it.

That's a heck of a good film. More of a camp Hammer then a Carry On though.

The early ones are a bit of a nothing, but Cabby was okay, and they then had a terrific run with Jack, Spying, Cleo, Cowboy and Screaming. Don't Lose Your Head is rough, but Follow That Camel is fine, and then they hit form again with Doctor, before surpassing themselves with Up the Khyber. Carry on Camping was fine, but after that it is downhill all the way, with a surprising late rally with Abroad.

I reckon the Comic Strip was Carry on for the 80s.

Quote: sootyj @ July 13 2008, 10:49 PM BST

Agreed (but Aaron won't have it.)

Interesting how it reflects on the changing nature of the English psyche.

Comic Strip was highly political, but sex free.

Carry On was the opposite.

Does this mean that Carry On reflected a politcal naieve, deeply sexually neurotic mind set?

Not necessarily. It just means that they were intended to entertain different parts of the public in different times.

Quote: sootyj @ July 13 2008, 10:49 PM BST

The only difference was that the Carry Ons were funny!

Did anyone see Cor Blimey, the drama about the affair Sid James and Barbara Windsor had on TV this past Saturday night.

Very Interesting.

I wanna know if it was exagerrated a bit though, Surely Sid James wasn't that much of a womaniser.

Just with the blind women.

Yes, I saw it. All of those kinds of dramas are exaggerated, but as Babs was involved herself, it can't have been too 'out there'.

It did, however, only focus on a very narrow section of his life.

I'd read that he had admitted about the affair to his wife and was extremely regretful about it. All shrouded in a bit of mystery.

I'd like to meet Barbara Windsor, but I'm not sure I'd have the guts to ask her about the affair!

I felt very sad watching it as it seems Sid really did love Barbara, or was it lust, I dunno.

It seemed like he ended his life in total misery.

Yeah, it was just a bit of a downer there!