BBC DVD presentation

I've jusr received In Sickness and in Health series one.

The way it is served up is awful. The sleeve notes are bland to say the least, no cast list or episode summary and probably amount to less than 200 words.

Compare this to the On the Buses box set where each DVD has a couple of lines summary of each episode on the reverse of the sleeve. Would this have been too difficult? Or is it just a take it or leave attitude?

I find this to be in common with most BBC releases. For example, in the Hancock box set you have to take the DVD out of the case to see the episode titles! It was the same with the radio series a few years ago. Cost a fortune and the outer packaging was anonymous.

You would think that the (probably) best broadcaster in the world would take more care over the presentation of its products.

:(

Remember that the DVDs aren't released by the BBC, but by 2 entertain, a separate company. Whilst it is true that BBC Worldwide have a 50% stake in 2 entertain, they're by no means in control or responsible, and 2 entertain have to buy the rights to release shows just like any other company does.

A lot of the old BBC Video releases do include episode titles and synopsis on the rear of the casing, but the layout is often less than perfect. With the On The Buses DVDs, you've been spoiled. Network are particularly good with including titles, broadcast dates and synopsis information - but they're by far the exception, and not the rule.

To give 2 entertain some credit though; their inclusion of the full studio scripts for Hancock's Half Hour and Hancock, including the missing episodes, was something I was thrilled to find.