Would I Lie To You? Page 4

Did anyone else notice David's team got one question right and that was the very last lie. SO WHERE DID THEY GET THOSE POINTS FROM!

Quote: Walker @ July 15, 2007, 12:25 AM

Did anyone else notice David's team got one question right and that was the very last lie. SO WHERE DID THEY GET THOSE POINTS FROM!

I really didn't notice any point whatsoever!

Someone doesn't like it!
I'd watch anything with David Mitchell and Lee "I've ridden Red Rum" Mack.

He can ride me any t... Oh never mind.

Rawr. ;)

Quote: zooo @ July 15, 2007, 1:10 AM

Someone doesn't like it!
I'd watch anything with David Mitchell and Lee "I've ridden Red Rum" Mack.

He can ride me any t... Oh never mind.

What I meant is the scoring's not important. Who cares who wins? Is anyone really keeping score?

I think only Walker. :)

I am obsessive compulsive on these sort of things. What's the point in having a point system when you aren't even going to use it? IT MAKES ME ANGRY! *turns green, out grows shirt*

Quote: Walker @ July 15, 2007, 8:22 PM

I am obsessive compulsive on these sort of things. What's the point in having a point system when you aren't even going to use it? IT MAKES ME ANGRY! *turns green, out grows shirt*

I'm with you there Walker! If they're going to insist on keeping up the pointless charade that the game matters then they should at least do the points right.

My guess is that, like Mock the Week, they run a few extra rounds than we see get to see on TV and then pick out the funniest rounds to show. e.g. there are points awarded which are lost in the edit.

Didn't David's team get a point because Lee's team failed to guess the underwear lady though?

Mock The Week is smart though,t hey don't show the actual points. They just say "points to ______, ______ & ______" and we have to trust them.

=================== SERIES 2 ===================

So, it's back. What did you think?

I very much enjoyed it again. I think it safe to say Rob Brydon stole the show? Gaby Logan is rubbish at telling the truth though (or, in this context, is that 'clever')... I could have sworn she was lying about her gymnastics.

Loved Lee Mack trying to get out of the Brighton hole he'd just dug himself. And David Mitchell was on top witty form.

I totally forgot it was on. Don't recall having seen any adverts for it either. I see that there's a repeat during the week, so I'll have to catch that.

Quote: Mark @ July 12 2008, 12:12 AM BST

=================== SERIES 2 ===================

So, it's back. What did you think?

I very much enjoyed it again. I think it safe to say Rob Brydon stole the show? Gaby Logan is rubbish at telling the truth though (or, in this context, is that 'clever')... I could have sworn she was lying about her gymnastics.

Loved Lee Mack trying to get out of the Brighton hole he'd just dug himself. And David Mitchell was on top witty form.

Yeah, really enjoyed the show. You're right about Gaby Logan, she was pretty vague. But I think that's the point. Misleading? I'm not sure.
Did Robert Webb inadvertently let slip that David Mitchell has OCD? Or is this public knowledge?

It isn't sophisticated but it was very entertaining. It struck me that last night's line-up (with the possible exception of Deayton) seem like a good crowd to go down the pub with.

And I won't trust that Gaby again! She tells the truth so unconvincingly.

Quote: Walker @ July 15 2007, 9:22 PM BST

The recording for this was around 3 hours, and a lot of the audio had to be binned as there was a party going on in TC that could be heard in the studio, and quite a bit of the material would also had to be binned as it would be woefully out of date now.
This episode was probably the funniest recording I've ever been too, a lot (most!) of the really good stuff had to be cut. Rob Brydon was on top form and beyond on the night.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 12 2008, 2:36 PM BST

Did Robert Webb inadvertently let slip that David Mitchell has OCD? Or is this public knowledge?

I don't think it's medically official or anything, but it is known Mitchell has characteristics of OCD.
Good show this week!
:D