Just A Minute

Anyone a fan of this BBC Radio 4 Panal Show. I've got a ticket for a live recording in Manchester tomorrow night.

Oh you lucky thing - do you know who's on?

It's a great show, obviously it depends on the panel but it's usually good value. I'm a big fan of Tony Hawks and Ross Noble who both do well. Clement Freud is great too. I do feel sorry for Nicholas Parsons sometimes though!

Parsons loves the ribbing he gets. And anybody who saw him on sale of the Century knows that he can give as good as he gets at times.

It's a fantastic show. You'll love watching them record it, they do 2 shows at each recording.

What a fantastic night I had. Ian McNeil was on it, he was on Friday's Have I got News for You. A great Yorkshire comedian.

Though I always get the strange old man sat behind me. He went into hysterics on things that weren't meant to be funny. 'And now we go onto the next round, A day I won something' The man burst out laughing, realised nobody else was laughing, so coughed to cover up his embarrasment, but coughed all over my head.

I had actually planned to fly over to the Old Island only to attend a recording of JaM. But the last time I tried to fly to London for a day they wouldn't let us land and we were sent back to Hamburg(1). On my birthday. Never in my life have I felt so rejected. Now I have moved away from a proper airport anyway. I could still go by TGV, though.

Does anyone know how much in advance one can book the tickets?

°Finck

(1) No, we weren't trying to blitz anyone.

Laughing out loud

Sorry to hear of your mis-fortune Finck. Normally you can't book tickets much in advance, however if you were to get in touch with BBC Studio Audiences (+44 370 901 1227) they might perhaps be able to make an exception.

I didn't even spot that question! Yes, normally tickets are announced a month or two in advance, depending on the production company, and then actually sent 2 weeks in advance. It's only whether you receive those tickets or not that you know you've got in - or not.

Quote: Aaron @ July 11 2008, 11:31 AM BST

I didn't even spot that question! Yes, normally tickets are announced a month or two in advance, depending on the production company, and then actually sent 2 weeks in advance. It's only whether you receive those tickets or not that you know you've got in - or not.

That won't work then. In order to get reasonably priced train tickets I'd have to book much earlier than two weeks before.

But I'll keep Mark's option in mind. Thanks, btw!

I've just noticed that the new series starts later this month, after the current series of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue. The first episode stars Clement Freud, Paul Merton, Ross Noble and Phill Jupitus.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ July 17 2008, 3:35 PM BST

I've just noticed that the new series starts later this month, after the current series of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue. The first episode stars Clement Freud, Paul Merton, Ross Noble and Phill Jupitus.

Current series of ISIHAC? Isn't it on reruns?

The iplayer said last Monday's episode was 5 out of 6, so JaM would be on the Monday after next. Yippee!

Quote: Finck @ July 17 2008, 7:59 PM BST

Current series of ISIHAC? Isn't it on reruns?

The iplayer said last Monday's episode was 5 out of 6, so JaM would be on the Monday after next. Yippee!

Yes, that's what I meant - the current series of repeats.

Definetley one of the best radio programmes in my opinion. It never fails to be funny and proves that a highly detailed script is in no way needed to be very funny.

Is it just me or is Paul Merton increasingly much funnier on radio than on TV?

Just A Minute has always been great value.