DVD Bargains Page 5

Aaaaaand...

The Secret Policeman's Ball - 25th Anniversary Collection - £6.99

Starring the likes of Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, Rowan Atkinson, and John Cleese.

(That's the original shows, not including the recent one.)

Another couple which have just appeared at HMV:

Mind Your Language - The Complete LWT Series - £8.99 Peep Show - Complete Series 1-4 - £15.99

You can pick up Men Bevaving Badly series at Tesco for £3. Or you could last time I was in. And I'm sure I saw the complete three series of Black Books somewhere for £12.

It's Zavvi selling the Complete Black books for £12. Which is quite a bargain.

Zavvi are selling the Green Wing scriptbook for the 1st series for £4.

Or £1.99 in The Works!

Oo!

Wait ... The Works all shut near me. Bugger. Ermm. *scratches head* ... Bugger. :/

Quote: Aaron @ July 3 2008, 5:38 PM BST

Oo!

Wait ... The Works all shut near me. Bugger. Ermm. *scratches head* ... Bugger. :/

The Works NEVER shut. They keep putting "closing down" signs up, but they never actually close.

Quote: chipolata @ July 10 2008, 4:37 PM BST

The Works NEVER shut. They keep putting "closing down" signs up, but they never actually close.

The ones near me actually have.

Quote: monkeybeard @ April 29 2008, 4:08 PM BST

HMV online are currently selling the complete six series set of seventies classic Man About the House for a mere £14.99!

Er, clicking on that link shows it at £59.99 !

Also they're doing On the Buses at £99.99 which I recently bought off Ebay for £38 brand new and sealed !

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 11 2008, 1:02 AM BST

Er, clicking on that link shows it at £59.99 !

That's because it was posted almost two and a half months ago, so the price has rocketed again.

I'm hoping that the box sets of On The Buses and Bless This House might drop in price.

£37.99 seems to be the best price for On the Buses at the moment Aaron

At the moment is the key. ;)

Quote: Aaron @ July 10 2008, 4:43 PM BST

The ones near me actually have.

I believe it was Albert Einstein who said that once all The Works close down, mankind will die out within a few years.

I bought the first series of black books :) from the following site :

http://filme.hitmeister.de/black-books-series-1-uk-import-53585/ - i am living abroad at the mo so it cost about a tenner if i have the exchange rate correct. Also www.sendit.com seem to have some pretty good prices for Green Wing, which seems to be really pricey everywhere else :(

I have so much time to kill while im here so any other suggestions of top notch british comedy - welcomed! And any places that will send to the EU as well. . .