The Estate Agents

I'm sure I started a thread about this sitcom before, but I can't find it now, so here we go again:

Does anyone remember The Estate Agents?

It was broadcast in February 2002 on Channel 4 at a late timeslot (11pm-ish). It followed the fortunes of 3 estate agents in London. A pilot episode was broadcast as part of a 'Comedy Lab' series.

There was only one series made unfortunately, but it's funny!

I've recently acquired the whole series and it's certainly worth a watch. I think it's on 4OD, or at least it was. So check it out.

I always get this show and Los Dos Bros mixed up. Have any of the people involved with it done anything else?

I looked the actors up on IMDB the other day and they haven't done much since The Estate Agents. One of them had a small role in a series 2 episode of Peep Show, but that's about it.

I really liked this show. I like nutty, screwy shit. I think it comes from my love of the Marx Brothers.

Gets a repeat on Men and Motors every now and then sometime refer to as "Effin Estates"

Ahhh, do they? Interesting. Thanks Barry. :)

I don't think Estate Agents are anything to laugh at. What the f**k do they do for their money? My son is having terrible shit with the useless wankers right now!

C**ts the lot of them!

David, behave!

Quote: Aaron @ July 2 2008, 8:42 PM BST

David, behave!

Got a point though.

Quote: David Chapman @ July 2 2008, 8:39 PM BST

I don't think Estate Agents are anything to laugh at. What the f**k do they do for their money?
C**ts the lot of them!

I agree, I'm having to deal with some at the moment; so far they've been useless and I've had to move to another lot as the first ones we're lying to me.

Anyway, I sort of remember this, I think. I seem to remember watching the first episode when it was originally on, but the only thing I recall is that it starred some men. In an estate agents.

Did you know you don't need any qualifications, to be an estate agent? Maybe that's why a lot of them are twats.

Doesn't seem like the kind of thing which one would need qualifications for, really. At the end of the day you're just selling things.

Quote: Aaron @ July 2 2008, 9:02 PM BST

Doesn't seem like the kind of thing which one would need qualifications for, really. At the end of the day you're just selling things.

Selling things that people bring to you and then sell to someone else who comes in to your office.

Just like a second hand shop really. No effort whatsoever!

Exactamundo!

It's like a charity shop, where the charity in question is HMRC.

Quote: Winterlight @ July 1 2008, 6:41 PM BST

I looked the actors up on IMDB the other day and they haven't done much since The Estate Agents. One of them had a small role in a series 2 episode of Peep Show, but that's about it.

The one who appeared in Peep Show was also in a Hula Hoops advert, but Dan Clark has a series coming up on BBC Three, so he's done alright.