The IT Crowd 2.0 Page 27

Quote: Oliver @ April 25 2008, 1:06 PM BST

do you love Gavin and Stacey (most boring, cliched, worthless program ever), or are you just obsessed?

James Corden is a fat bloke! Wow! That's brilliant

'oh look a welsh idiot and an essex prat get married and they 'luv each over!'

lets all cry and laugh and throw baftas at them

Bitterness is the easiest act to do.

Quote: Oliver @ April 25 2008, 1:25 PM BST

I said that most of the UK is made up of below average IQ, common, muppetts and old people.

IMO I don't think i fit into this category.

Yeah, but there are some people who overestimate themselves as well and can't even spell 'muppets'.

Quote: Oliver @ April 25 2008, 1:25 PM BST

This sitcom is made for the great unwashed and appeals generically to as many morons as possible.

Oooohh, i love the great "unwashed" bit. You consider yourself, maybe, 'middle class' do you? One of the intelligencia?

Let me tell you: The dirtiest people I have ever found, (through some detailed experience) are always those who have a middle-class upbringing.

Sorry to generalise, people, just a simple, true, fact (in general).

OOoo, you classist!

I think the best episode was when the guys went to "GaY The musical" The I love willies song was quite a laugh ditto i'm a friend of dorothy.

Ooh, are you a real fanatic?

Did you find him alluring in the theatre uniform?

Who writes and proof reads this stuff?

"Golden Rose awards are very much sort after by broadcasters and programme makers, with shows from all around world entered each year in the hope of being named the best in the world."

Quote: David Chapman @ May 11 2008, 9:53 PM BST

Who writes and proof reads this stuff?

Golden Rose awards are very much sort after by broadcasters and programme makers, with shows from all around world entered each year in the hope of being named the best in the world.

Sort?
Who writes and proof reads your posts?

Oh wait!

Is that your point?

I am officially confused...

Quote: zooo @ May 11 2008, 9:55 PM BST

Sort?
Who writes and proof reads your posts?

Oh wait!

Is that your point?

I am officially confused...

Taken from the BSG web site.

I seeeee.

:D

Ugh. That's Mark for you. I'll go and edit it now.

Quote: Aaron @ May 11 2008, 10:14 PM BST

Ugh. That's Mark for you. I'll go and edit it now.

Well done!

I've REALLY tried to like The IT Crowd. But I just don't find it particularly funny.

The Irish guy just shouts all the time and the 'gags' seem very predictable. It only perked up a bit in the 2nd series when Matt Berry came along.

Otherwise it just feels like the bastard love child of 2 Pints and My Family - where in this case the family is 2 IT geeks and their IT inept boss.

I'm a big Richard Ayoade fan and I like some of Graham Linehan's work, but The IT Crowd just feels watered down and cheap. It seems to try and make up for its weak humour by turning up the anti on the absurd. Then the roaring laughter from the studio audience just makes me cringe.

Oh Moss went to a cannibals house and watched a DVD but wasn't at all shocked about the fact the guy was a cannibal, much to the surprise of Jen... oh the hilarity! He's such a cad!

The phone is ringing but the Irish guy is ignoring it. He finishes his snack and leans forward... is he going to answer the phone?!?!... NO! He licks the fingers on one hand... is he going to answer the phone?!?!... NO! He licks the fingers on the other hand... ha-bloody-ha! She's behind you, oh no she isn't! The crowd goes wild!

I can understand why this is widely so popular, it has that definite mainstream appeal. But I'd rather watch my Garth Marenghi DVD for the 800th time.

Best sitcom for years!

I'd say more like a 5.

Quote: jeej @ June 27 2008, 12:17 AM BST

I'd say more like a 5.

It's an English thing! You wouldn't get it.

...I am English.

Don't get me wrong, there are far worse sitcoms out there, but I don't think The IT Crowd is worth all the hype it gets. A few laughs here and there, but otherwise generally weak.