All my favourite things.

Except cabbage.

yeah cabbage is for rabbits - that's an absolute

Quote: zooo @ June 20 2008, 11:38 PM BST

All my favourite things.

Except cabbage.

Cucumbers, eh?

(I won't ask about the lettuce.)

Has anybody else noticed that Aaron's signal keeps fading these days - he only has enough power to type his messages

Who doesn't love a salad...!

in the shape of a penis.

Weeeeell.... Whistling nnocently

Quote: zooo @ June 20 2008, 11:51 PM BST

in the shape of a penis.

I hope the salad penis comes in all different sizes? - no stereotyping now!

Quote: zooo @ June 20 2008, 11:51 PM BST

in the shape of a penis.

You're fond of radishes then?

Or a turnip. Shaped like a thingy!

Quote: Jack Massey @ June 20 2008, 7:45 PM BST

Till Death was a very clever sitcom that really did highlight a point and was really funny, Love thy Neighbour was anything but.

'Love Thy Neighbour' was a very well defined piece of writing which showed the very worst but common attitude of its day from BOTH sides of the racial divide, with regard to the men. The women, however, were tolerant, inclusive and diverse. The men were made to look stupid, narrow-minded and always got what they deserved in the end because they were both ignorant, bigoted and racist.

You make a very good point Baumski, but you have to admit, Till Death us do Part is on a higher intellectual level to Love thy Neighbour.

Quote: Jack Massey @ June 21 2008, 11:31 AM BST

You make a very good point Baumski, but you have to admit, Till Death us do Part is on a higher intellectual level to Love thy Neighbour.

I'm not so sure when the basic principle of both shows are so similar. For all the reasons I've written about in 'Love Thy Neighbour' apply to 'Till Death'. The women in both programmes exonerate decent values and treat bigotry with the distain it deserves. Ok, so it's a toss up as to which programme is superior and for what it’s worth, 'Till Death gets my vote but nevertheless, the basic tenet of each programme did a great service in putting racism and the characters that practiced it, both black and white, to great shame.

Mind Your Language seems to have escaped this discussion - it certainly did a good job of racial stereotyping.

Baumski, I think LTN & TDUDP had quite a few followers of Eddie Booth and Alf Garnett who ignored the message and championed their catchphrases regardless.

But Mind Your Language wasn't actually racist.

Quote: Alan C @ June 21 2008, 3:21 PM BST

Mind Your Language seems to have escaped this discussion - it certainly did a good job of racial stereotyping.

Perhaps but I don't believe it's any different to what Harry Enfield, Catherine Tate and Matt Lucas and David Walliams have written.

Quote: Alan C @ June 21 2008, 3:21 PM BST

I think LTN & TDUDP had quite a few followers of Eddie Booth and Alf Garnett who ignored the message and championed their catchphrases regardless.

And it's important to remember Bill Reynolds (Rudolph Walker) who spouted his equally ignorant catchphrases: "white honky" and "snowflake" or else the implication is that the only racism remembered is from white characters.