Who remembers Absolutely?

Funny I just saw a thread for Morwenna Banks cos I was just gonna bring up that old chestnut 'Absolutely', a superb Channel 4 sketch show featuring Morwenna and Radio 4's 'the Bodgers'. Anyone remember it? It was hilarious!

I think that there was a thread about it a while back. Never seen it myself, but I'm aware of it.

I loved Absolutely and think I started a thread a while back. Don't remember the Bodgers though. What was that about?

Stoneybridge!

As far as i was concerned that was one ofthe most annoying of their sketches. There were much much better ones butit almost became their catch phrase.

... The 'Bodgers' was a Radio 4 sketch show featuring the lads who later did 'Absolutely'. Some of their stuff was remade for the telly. Not a classic series - fun rather than funny - but always enjoyable.

Quote: Aaron @ May 10, 2007, 4:46 PM

I think that there was a thread about it a while back. Never seen it myself, but I'm aware of it.

LOVED IT! ... watched it again recently, as well as Mr Don & Mr George.

A favourite bit was the bloke on the lav - Frank I think - philosophising and coming up with the immortal line "The bus was coming and so was I". Classic stuff.

I also remember a sitcom called Donald and George (I think!!!) that was based on 2 off the characters in Absolutley.

Quote: Baumski @ June 4, 2007, 10:03 AM

A favourite bit was the bloke on the lav - Frank I think - philosophising and coming up with the immortal line "The bus was coming and so was I". Classic stuff.

... Yes and 'I needed a poo and the bar toilets were full. The landlord said Why don't you use the ladies? But they wouldn't keep still.

Brilliant.

they do have a new web site and have got the rights to the shows so hopefully they'll be available again soon.

http://www.absolutely.biz/newsscript.cgi?record=16