Writers wanted Page 2

Quote: frostyboy @ October 13, 2006, 10:06 AM

I still haven't got a reply to the email I sent a few days ago.

I haven't had a reply either.

I still haven't had a reply.

Well, they can't be that desparate for material then. I shant bother again. Wales

I haven't sent anything to Newsrevue for a while but it's worth doing.

They don't reply to every individual e-mail, but instead they send out an e-mail list with the submissions that have made it into the show, so from that you can tell whether you have got a gag/sketch/song on or not. Alternatively, and if you're local, you can go and watch it and find out that way.

As you can imagine, it's a topical show, so they have a quick turnaround of sketches...

well Ive sent some stuff in and have asked at least 3 times for some feedback and Ive got nothing. I understand there busy but it would be nice to get something.

and I am planning to go down there and watch them in a few weeks, but living in the midlands I cant say im local :$

Ive written a lot for these lot, it did take a while for them to get back to me at first and theyre, unless you can go to meetings, a little impersonal; but they do use you if your any good.

here's hoping

I've finally got a reply from newsrevue, although annoyingly it came through in my junk mail folder.

Quote: frostyboy @ October 25, 2006, 7:43 PM

I've finally got a reply from newsrevue, although annoyingly it came through in my junk mail folder.

Same here.

Hi, all.

I have just joined and read this thread. I have sent some of my material to the newsrevue email that was posted. I will let you know how I get on. They would reply if they used the material wouldn't they? Anyway hello to all.

If they reply when they use your material, I think I'm going to cry because I've been sending in stuff for a while and I havent had much from them at all.

Is it possible that Gemma could answer these questions? Seems unusual to start a thread asking for submissions and then leave all these unanswered questions lying around.

What's the rumoured reason for the high turnover of writers that was suggested at the beginning, anyway?

Slagg A (pssst)sssh... do you think that there is some sort of evil force at work at the newsrevue? Do you think that maybe newsrevue is some kind of comedy laundering system? We think our material is going to a topical theatre production company but really it is being smuggled out of the country and sold on the black market and then sold back to the topical gag shows at a much higher price than the nothing we were paid for them?

I have sent them lots of good stuff and heard nothing. Shall we all mount an espionage visit - all comedy writers could go to the show in undercover. If we disguised ourselves as audience members I reckon we would not be spotted just try not to finish off your gags if you hear them on stage because that may give the game away. Also if newsrevue doesn't exist it will be a good dinner party story. So we can get some material out of it.
Comedy comrades join me in my imaginative over reaction and conclusion jumping.

I like your plan but i fear it won't work. We'll turn up and find ourselves surrounded by other comedy writers wondering what the hell is going on. But i do like the conspiracy idea. Always a rich vein of inspiration for me. Must dash, i have a grassy knoll and Chris Evans to locate.

God I hope the brain washed writers dont have pointy sticks!