The Invisibles

Here's a thread to discuss The Invisibles after it has been broadcast on Thursday. If you've somehow missed all the BBC1 trails and don't know what it's about, see our new in-depth guide to The Invisibles

Has anyone watched this?

Is it worth catching up on it?

Afraid the lead up to it was enough to put me off.

Anthony Head, Dean Lennox Kelly and Jenny Agutter are all fine actors/actress however I think Warren Clarke always over-acts thus removing any realism from his characters. But that is really just my opinion. I'm probaly wrong by consensus.

What a shame that reviews on this seem so bad...

When's Anthony Head's "Ripper" show going to happen? Whedon seemed fairly sure it was going to finally go into production, but I've seen nothing for months...

Quote: garyd @ May 5 2008, 12:42 AM BST

Afraid the lead up to it was enough to put me off.

Anthony Head, Dean Lennox Kelly and Jenny Agutter are all fine actors/actress however I think Warren Clarke always over-acts thus removing any realism from his characters. But that is really just my opinion. I'm probaly wrong by consensus.

Agreed, a bit of dodgy casting on this I'd say.

I loved Warren Clarke in Nice Work, but he has tended to charicature himself in recent years. As for this show, I thought it was laboured and predictable, and would have worked much better in the 8pm Sunday slot it was originally intended.

Should I watch this or that new James Nesbit thing?

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I heard a piece of classical incidental music at the beginning of the invisibles yesterday 15th May and would really appreciate it if anyone knows what it was?

Thanks

Paul

I'm trying to find out what the music is on the trailers to The Invisibles (Not the show itself)Any suggestions anyone??

BBC can't tell me !!!

Hi

Does anyone know where it is filmed please/?

Hi Paula. It was filmed in Ireland and Northern Ireland, not sure exactly where though I'm afraid.

Hey Mark! *points to e-mail*

I saw the episode that ends in a pub siege and I suspect it's the pilot.

This show was dire. Flying gas bottles, explosions, replacing any sign of a laugh.

For example, Head is a good actor but in the pub siege scene, when the two leads have an attempt at an 'emotional' face-off, Head's old friend is pouring out [badly written] feelings but when the camera keeps cutting back for Head's reactions, he seems to be suppressing a bilious attack.

The men in the pub passing code words to allies outside, like they'd been in pub sieges time and again and made a habit of escaping by firing gas bottles out of windows. The technical guy shouting down the phone "We're being traced." Only an insomniac copper desperate for some sleep would want to have listened in on that conversation. The end scene was a waste of money, Hollywood on the cheap.

The highlight was Jenny in a red PVC catsuit. Lovey I'd have watched an hour of that without complaint.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 8 2008, 8:58 PM BST

Should I watch this or that new James Nesbit thing?

With a choice like that, I envy the blind.

Talking of Warren Clarke, I was watching Blackadder 3 yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see him pop up. I'd completely forgotten that he played the bankrupt industrialist who tries to marry his daughter to the Prince. A great performance.