What are you reading right now? Page 10

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ June 10 2008, 10:29 AM BST

Dracula! I'm only two chapters in, but I'm already scared. Last night, Jonothan Harker had just cut himself shaving and I screamed, waking up the whole house. :$

I had a similar shock first time I read Salem's Lot when I was about 13. It was late at night and there was a storm outside and just as I got to a bit where there were vampires everywhere, there was a power cut. It suddenly went pitch black and there was a tree tapping against the window! Didn't half make me jump.

Anyway, currently I am most of the way through The Dreaming Void by Peter F Hamilton. It's looking like it will be a good trilogy.

Quote: zooo @ June 10 2008, 10:36 AM BST

You screamed. Reading a book.

You are very highly strung, young lady!

I just get lost in it! I cry reading books, too. :$

Salem's Lot is proper scary, to be fair, Afinkawan.

I've only cried reading two books.
Which is weird, because I cry watching films all the time.

Which books were they?

Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis, and Patricia Duncker's Hallucinating Foucault.

Never read them! I cried during...Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice, The Kite Runner, Atonement...almost definitely more that I've forgotten...But I don't cry in films for some reason.

Huh!
Weird innit.

I nearly cry in plays. What about you? Plays are halfway inbetween books and films. (Well, I think so.)

I don't cry, because I have am emotional detachment. \o/

You are Chandler Bing.

Quote: zooo @ June 10 2008, 10:58 AM BST

Huh!
Weird innit.

I nearly cry in plays. What about you? Plays are halfway inbetween books and films. (Well, I think so.)

Nope I don't usually cry in plays. Almost in Phantom, though.

That's natural though, that one.

So did *you* cry in Phantom?

No - but close!

Quote: zooo @ June 10 2008, 11:00 AM BST

You are Chandler Bing.

Is this a good or a bad thing?

How do you just not cry!?