Current radio comedy Page 2

That Mitchell and Webb Sound is out on CD now. That was remarkably quick!

Absolute Power is returning for a one-off special, on the 3rd November, 18:30, on Radio 4.

I had tickets to the recording of that, but was JUST too late to get in. :'(

Ed Reardon's Week is great, and currently on Thursday evenings at 6:30.

the now show and sorry i haven't a clue are back! both my favorites! yay!

i'm (personally) looking forward to 'Teenage Kicks' (ben elton and adrian edmondson) on radio 2. im currently hoping and waiting for tickets to come through.
*fingers crossed*

I agree with the comment about I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue. It's the funniest show on radio bar none, and great to have back.

A new series of Parsons and Naylor's Pull-Out Sections is being recorded for Radio 2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/whatson/tickets/shows/parsons.shtml

Whistling nnocently

I very much enjoyed One last night. Not sure if it's a repeat or a new series, but strong material and nice performances. The thing after it starring Rik Mayall was pretty bad, though, and dragged at fifteen minutes.

As for Ruddy's Rare Records earlier in the evening: it's growing on me. I thought the first series was laboured and predictable, but I found myself warming to it last night.

<imminent lockdown>

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ October 15 2009, 1:06 PM BST

<imminent lockdown>

Dan

:D

But this is a co-founder's baby! Surely they wouldn't kill their own young!

Quote: chipolata @ October 15 2009, 12:54 PM BST

Whistling nnocently

I very much enjoyed One last night. Not sure if it's a repeat or a new series, but strong material and nice performances. The thing after it starring Rik Mayall was pretty bad, though, and dragged at fifteen minutes.

As for Ruddy's Rare Records earlier in the evening: it's growing on me. I thought the first series was laboured and predictable, but I found myself warming to it last night.

I think I perfered Rudy's Rare Record's over One. I've had mixed reactions to And Another Thing.... I like some of the ideas (Eoin Colfer writes some "brilliant" Vogon poetry) but I'm not keen on some of the others (Zaphod removing is extra head. The Fenchurch simulation.)

One is a repeat. This series was very good, as was the first. I felt the second lost its way a bit; still entertaining but not as good as this particular one.

Rudy's Rare Records getting a second series was a bit of a surprise to me. I quite liked it in a take-it-or-leave-it way, but haven't listened to this series. I will do at some point though.

Dan

According to our schedules, yesterday's episode was new.

For those interested, a second series of Mark Thomas: The Manifesto has been ordered and tickets are now available.

http://shows.external.bbc.co.uk/help/shows/mark_thomas_the_manifesto

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 15 2009, 5:35 PM BST

According to our schedules, yesterday's episode was new.

Then what am I thinking of???

<confused, convinced he'd heard a third series>

Dan