Shoreditch Tw*t

Did anyone see this sketch show? It was part of Comedy Lab's 2002 run.

I didn't see it, but the name intrigued me. I thought at first that it was a pilot episode for Nathan Barley, but it wasn't. It was based in the same universe though - satirising Shoreditch life.

It got no further than the pilot, so maybe it wasn't very good.

I don't think I've even heard of it...

Was there anyone at all well known in it?

Yeah, the Comedy Lab thing was a spin-off, from a fanzine, which ran for about 4 or 5 years, up until about 2004. I remember I used to see it advertised in a Hip hop magazine I used to buy, called Big Daddy.

My first thought on reading this thread title was, "Aaron doesn't come from Shoreditch, does he?" ;)

On the subject of Comedy Lab, how many of the pilots have gone on to be full series?

I wish! (I'd be a proper Lahndaaahner then.)

Where were you born, Aaron? I always peg you as quite a posh Tory boy (in fact, I'm sure your avatar picture is cropped to cut out the top hat). :P

Haha, well the Tory boy is correct, the posh and the top hat are ... aspirational.

If you ever redo your photo, I'd love to see you in a monocle smoking one of those little cigarettes on a stick.

Hahahahahah! Immense idea! *makes note*

I have the cane already. I use it for knocking insolent poor people on the head with.

And for disciplining naughty chimney sweeps?

LOL, of course, of course.