What instruments do you play? Page 2

Quote: Alan C @ May 31 2008, 5:45 PM BST

I played the drums for many years in North East bands - anyone who is bored for a few minutes can check out this TV appearance. I even had hair then :D

Oh I can play guitar quite compitently too but only performed once as a guitarist.

Ha,ha, must be something about drummers. Last time i played drums in a band

i had the same hairstyle.

Bass is a great instrument and easy to pick up, but it really shouldn't be the central focus in a band in my opinion.

He pays it well too.

I play trumpet/cornet and flugel horn (sounds great but if you can play one you can play the others). My current claim to fame is that you can see the back of my head playing for a band on Whit Friday marches on Youtube and my current band (BTM) will be doing a recording for Listen to the Band which goes out on Radio 2 sometime next month. I'm so famous me. Rolling eyes

I played bass along with The Beatles for quite a while (they were on vinyl, I was in my bedroom).

I'm adequate on bass for a man with little in the way of musical ability, but pretty ropey on guitar - poor right hand technique ;) tired hand I suppose.

Almost non-existent ability on keyboards.

I have some tracks on amazingtunes.com which are best avoided although one of them was featured in a production of 'Scream-a-rama: the horror of Norwich!" at The Etcetera Theatre in Camden this month! :)

I asked for a cheque and they are doing me one for £0.01p which is more than I've had before!

Quote: Paul W @ May 31 2008, 7:57 PM BST

Bass is a great instrument and easy to pick up, but it really shouldn't be the central focus in a band in my opinion.

He pays it well too.

Bass and drums go hand in hand Paul, they drive the whole thing along man.

There are plenty of bass players who play in a plodding way but take a listen to Chris Squires or Charlie Mingus - they take it to some inspiring places!

Quote: Frankie Rage @ May 31 2008, 8:28 PM BST

There are plenty of bass players who play in a plodding way but take a listen to Chris Squires or Charlie Mingus - they take it to some inspiring places!

Don't forget John Entwistle - awesome bassist

Quote: Ray Dawson @ May 31 2008, 8:17 PM BST

Bass and drums go hand in hand Paul, they drive the whole thing along man.

"shouldn't be the central focus"

I never said they shouldn't have a part in what drives a song.

I dread to offer also Paul McCartney but if you listen to his playing it's just beautiful on dozens of tracks.

Girls will go more for the bass player when they realise he has a longer scale to play with.. Whistling nnocently

I just sing...badly...

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ May 31 2008, 9:35 PM BST

I just sing...badly...

Is that an instrument of torture then? :O

Yes! :D It works quite well.

I play the pia pia pianooooooo!

I play the piano too.

I also used to play harmonica in a band with Peter Serafinowicz. I've said it before, but it really is my only claim to fame.

I'm reliably informed I'm quite good on the 'Ebony Oboe'. :$