List of companies to send scripts to Page 5

I think it has to be hard copy but I wouldn't put my mortgage on it [or yours]

No, I was talking more as a query instead of writing a letter to them.

That's interesting, Talkback Thames offices are on Newman street. My girlfriend works a few doors away.

(Note to D. Chapman: I said 'doors' not 'doorways' away.)

you can send a hardcopy of the script if you previously have a sent a cover letter to her and have positive feedback. However, this would be the outline of your script or a referal. If you just send your script straight away it won't get read!

I see that Alomo is listed as a possible place to send scripts to.

I don't think that would do any good.

As far as I am aware Alomo has no staff anymore and is now a dormant company.

Alomo was part of SelecTV which was bought by Pearsons Television.

The name Alomo was made up from the names of the 3 creators

Al = Alan McKeown
Lo = Laurence Marks
Mo = Maurice Gran

Laurence & Maurice are collectively known as LoMo :D

Their current works are now produced by companies other than Alomo Productions Ltd.

Cool

Well I didn't know about Alan - I'd been led to believe that it was "a LoMo production". As in, an programme by LoMo (Marks and Gran, as you say). Interesting tidbit there, thanks.

Quote: Aaron @ April 8 2008, 9:26 AM BST

tidbit

Tangentially I believe "tidbit" is an American bowdlerism from the original English (and I would say correct... though of course either is acceptable) "titbit"... apparently the "tit" bit (!) offended their sensibilities.

Quote: James Williams @ April 8 2008, 7:38 PM BST

Tangentially I believe "tidbit" is an American bowdlerism from the original English (and I would say correct... though of course either is acceptable) "titbit"... apparently the "tit" bit (!) offended their sensibilities.

Interesting tidbit . . . I mean titbit.

What Seefacts said!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ March 26 2008, 6:19 AM BST

That's interesting, Talkback Thames offices are on Newman street. My girlfriend works a few doors away.

Just clarification for future readers, talkbackThames's own main offices are on Newman Street (which is where their comedy department recently moved to, I am told), but they are a subsidiary of FremantleMedia, who are based on Stephen Street. However, as the buildings are no more than 3 minutes' walk apart, one address should work just as well as the other.

Anyway. Update!

Bwark Productions (Angelo's, The Inbetweeners) accept unsolicited scripts. Please note that the company is essentially just two guys, so although they endeavour to read and respond accordingly to whatever they receive, it may take a while. Particularly now as I've posted this, they'll undoubtedly be inundated with hopeful script samples and whatnot!

Their address is:
Bwark Productions
35-47 Bethnal Green Road
London
E1 6LA

What are the names of the two people who run Bwark productions?

Quote: Aaron @ May 29 2008, 2:13 AM BST

Just clarification for future readers, talkbackThames's own main offices are on Newman Street (which is where their comedy department recently moved to, I am told), but they are a subsidiary of FremantleMedia, who are based on Stephen Street. However, as the buildings are no more than 3 minutes' walk apart, one address should work just as well as the other.

Anyway. Update!

Bwark Productions (Angelo's, The Inbetweeners) accept unsolicited scripts. Please note that the company is essentially just two guys, so although they endeavour to read and respond accordingly to whatever they receive, it may take a while. Particularly now as I've posted this, they'll undoubtedly be inundated with hopeful script samples and whatnot!

Their address is:
Bwark Productions
35-47 Bethnal Green Road
London
E1 6LA

The problem with this kind of thread is now they'll be sent a load of stuff in one go. And, to be honest, some will be sub-standard. Then they'll say 'Okay, no more unsolicited stuff please' and it cuts off another avenue.

thats true

Just send your best stuff in then.

:)