Catherine Tate Page 2

Well, I enjoyed it. Really do love the Gran. I know it's repetitive, but still funny IMO.

I enjoyed it too. Especially Nan and Lauren as Billy Bear!

I noticed that Lauren's friends had stayed on at school (they were in uniform) while she ended up as a figure of fun working in a burger bar. In an interveiw in the Radio Times last week Catherine Tate mentioned she's aware that kids are copying Lauren's behaviour in their classrooms, and how she never has Lauren swear because of this. I wondered if this sketch, as well as being very funny, was intended to show that Lauren's behaviour had led to her being regarded as a loser by her ex-friends. We also saw that Lauren was secretly bovvered about doing well at work since she was proud of being "Employee of the Month."

Perhaps the fact that, despite having her attitude problems, she's actually IN work is also meant to send a message. Interesting thought.

Catherine's best character is obviously the gran.

Quote: Aaron @ October 27, 2006, 2:29 PM

Perhaps the fact that, despite having her attitude problems, she's actually IN work is also meant to send a message. Interesting thought.

Good point Aaron. :)

Quote: Miranda Walker @ October 27, 2006, 11:39 AM

I enjoyed it too. Especially Nan and Lauren as Billy Bear!

I noticed that Lauren's friends had stayed on at school (they were in uniform) while she ended up as a figure of fun working in a burger bar. In an interveiw in the Radio Times last week Catherine Tate mentioned she's aware that kids are copying Lauren's behaviour in their classrooms, and how she never has Lauren swear because of this. I wondered if this sketch, as well as being very funny, was intended to show that Lauren's behaviour had led to her being regarded as a loser by her ex-friends. We also saw that Lauren was secretly bovvered about doing well at work since she was proud of being "Employee of the Month."

Have you ever seen Naked Video Miranda, if so did you like it. It was dort of like Catherine Tate Show but it was funnier.

I forgot it was on. Shows I'm a huge fan Huh? The only character I like in that is the old gran.

not a huge fan on catch phrase/sketch comedy as they tend to be over used. but catherine tate makes me laugh. personel fav was the John one (s). i find Lauren repatative now, but the royal variety show made me laugh alot.

Shes a very good performer, but I just dont think the sketches are funny enough. Yes the gran is good, and worthy of a sit-com of her own, but most of the other returning characters are extremely weak, the worst perhaps being that ginger nurse; not funny in the slightest, the recent one with her and her brothers and sisters dancing was painful it was so weak. Tate is a star, but this series really needs a few stronger, sharper, more adventurous writers for it to really deserve the profile and succes it currently enjoys.

Tate is a talented actress but she deserves better material. There are a couple of funny characters (the gran and Derek Faye always make me laugh) but way too much deadwood. I thought we had seen the last of the ginger nurse - the sketch involving her brothers and sisters should not have made it beyond the ideas stage. I also can't stand the 'I can do that' character and the fundraiser woman, although the police man waking up in the 1950s was quite funny.

A quick question - can someone tell me which episode of which series features Nan Taylor's version of 'I am what I am'?

Thanks

Will someone please tell Catherine Tate to stop over-writing?

Will someone also tell her to stop using the same character three/four times in one episode? The woman who went to buy crisps only to return to find her friend had been killed...Not funny the first time around, but by the third time I was ready to put my foot through the TV screen.

I find C Tate as funny as a squashed frog on the road. And I think the squashed frog may be more intelligent and considerate of its audience. I recognise it may be my failing, but IMHO, she is the worst thing ever to land on this planet. Terminally dire... (Please don't tell me she is human...we might as well give up and die from warble gloaming...) A.

Quote: bimble @ June 7, 2007, 8:41 PM

I find C Tate as funny as a squashed frog on the road. And I think the squashed frog may be more intelligent and considerate of its audience. I recognise it may be my failing, but IMHO, she is the worst thing ever to land on this planet. Terminally dire... (Please don't tell me she is human...we might as well give up and die from warble gloaming...) A.

What a great first post. A huge welcome to you bimble!