Scallywagga.... Page 7

Yes, the facebook one was a highlight - well done Gary. (I'm not just saying that because you're here, Scallywagga is far from even - but it does have some gems - so credit where credit is due)

I only flicked through the show last night to find Gary's sketches, but I did see a few more that I liked.

The alcoholic dad and Asbo Pin ones were good. I always like those two characters. The first trick or treat sketch with Neil Fitzmaurice made me laugh as well.

Quote: Mark @ May 22 2008, 12:10 AM BST

Yes, the facebook one was a highlight - well done Gary. (I'm not just saying that because you're here, Scallywagga is far from even - but it does have some gems - so credit where credit is due)

Even Shoot The Writers had gems.

Some decent sketches in the last episode, the alcoholic dad sketch is always good, 'I'm right though, aren't I' subconsciously entered one of my conversations yesterday, but that exam sketch was the best of the lot, I wouldn't say it made me laugh the most but it was so brilliantly executed that it was difficult not to like it. Overall - not bad at all.

The 'exam' sketch is more mildly amusing rather than laugh out loud funny because it doesn't really have any punch lines, but like Slodge said I thought it was well put together.

My favourite sketch which they did of ours is in the next episode called 'You know what I'm saying'. It is a lad talking about his previous nights exploits to his mate. It is a bit rude and full of inneundo but then again I has a childish sense of humour.

How much did the sketches differ from the final script you handed in? Had any changes been made by the producers or was it pretty much word for word?

I like this show more and more each time I watch it. The PIN guy (Carl Rice, is it?) is a true comedy genius. I would lobby for him to be in any sitcom I get commissioned!

Facebook sketch was great Gary. Best of the show, I thought.

Dan

I thought this show was pretty bloody awful to be perfectly honest. And I'm easily amused.

The amount the sketch varies from the final script is different from sketch to sketch. Facebook was edited down and we obviously didn't have 'Chillimondo' on the end of it. The one tonight is pretty spot on but they have tweaked the ending, but we had a sketch in the pilot were they took the premise of the sketch and pretty much read wrote it entirely, but we still got paid for it.

My 2p's worth now :-)
I'll admit that I first watched the show because I liked the theme music (yes, a crappy reason), but since then i've actually found it worth watching. Like all sketch shows we seem to get on TV, some of the content i find funny, some i don't like, but then again i don't tune in expecting to like absolutely everything that's on TV - it's just nice to have the choice & for people to have the balls to have a go even if other people do think it's shit. At least they're trying & hopefully learning from they're experiences, so they can continue a tradition of good British comedy. At the end of the day everyone starts somewhere, so i say well done to them for having a go - that puts them ahead of most of us here...

Well done to Gary & Phil for their contributions, the facebook one has got to be an interviewees worst nightmare, but it's something i could see happening & being able to laugh about :-)

www.joannahigson.com

shes amazing. and i'm so sad

Quote: Aw564650 @ May 28 2008, 1:24 AM BST

It's just nice for people to have the balls to have a go even if other people do think it's shit.

I don't think it's about bravery that makes people write Scallywagga, it's about the paycheck they get for doing it. It's about bravery watching it.

Quote: fanfan @ May 28 2008, 6:19 AM BST

www.joannahigson.com

shes amazing. and i'm so sad

LOL. Good site! :D

After watching all 6 episodes (think saw Spacehopper, but lot of beer since then), anyway, overall thought it was a very good program. I know really I should be out of the age range at 28, but so what!
Of course there were a few sketches that fell short, but the stronger sketches made up for it, and soon made you forget about them.
I do think that Carl's characters had the most 'meat' & realism to them, but all actors involved gave 110%, and I thought it showed.
Also, Joanna, Jessica & Lena (not forgetting Sally, too) are some of the best females seen on-screen for awhile
I already have my fingers crossed for a second series...and a DVD release, since accidently took them off the PVR in anger one night!

If any writers interested, have a few ideas for some of the characters. Mainly Asbo Pin and Jon (drunk that explains things in his own unique way). Drop us a line if interested/curious

Finally getting around to watching this. Just finished episode one.

Loved the father scaring his kids at bed time. The goth character was also great. Also rather amused by the woman who "wanted to work with animals". Unexpectedly decent ending to the sex/Top Gear sketch, and a notable mention to 2-4-6-8 Motorway - but really for the dancey walk rather than the 'comedy'.

Overall, about on par with Tittybangbang.