List of companies to send scripts to Page 2

Hi, here's my tuppence...

I find that if you e-mail a prod co with a brief synopsis, they will generally get back to you fairly sharpish with a yes, we want to read this; or no, bog off. I've had stuff read quite a lot like this (although none bought so far :( )

After all, once they request your script it becomes solicited, so the key is generating interest with a really great synopsis.

BTW, I work through the list of companies on the 'Film File Europe' site, matching what I've got to sell with the type of thing they produce.

Quote: swerytd @ April 16, 2007, 9:49 AM

Fremantle are a distribution company. They don't really produce comedy as such but small independents come to them to get their stuff distributed. For instance, Talkback Thames and Baby Cow work closely with them as they don't have the clout (or cash!) to make an impression, particularly worldwide. As such, I think it's a bit redundant sending your scripts there. But you can try!

Dan

I won't bother with them then, thanks for the info!

Quote: Stylo @ April 18, 2007, 11:28 AM

I find that if you e-mail a prod co with a brief synopsis, they will generally get back to you fairly sharpish with a yes, we want to read this; or no, bog off. I've had stuff read quite a lot like this (although none bought so far :( )

After all, once they request your script it becomes solicited, so the key is generating interest with a really great synopsis.

BTW, I work through the list of companies on the 'Film File Europe' site, matching what I've got to sell with the type of thing they produce.

How did you get in contact with producers?

Hey, this is a really useful thread.

Years ago there was a society called the CWA. It was a great thing for comedy writers. Thing was - and this is one reason I left - there were some people there who were scarily bad. I know of one who took rejection so personally it resulted in a restraining order!

You can send radio scripts to BBC producers, saving you the hassle of bothering the oh-so-busy new writing department, who seem to me to rather overwhelmed with material. It takes longer but you get a better critique.

Quote: Stylo @ April 18, 2007, 11:28 AM

Damn you're good. Is there a link to this Film File Holy Grail of Lists of which you speak?

Quote: hotzappa11 @ April 21, 2007, 10:57 AM

How did you get in contact with producers?

I just send an e-mail to 'enquiries' or 'info' - they seem to get forwarded to the right person in the main. I sent a screenplay to World Productions using this method and was telephoned back and given verbal feedback, which was really useful!

And just for you Ed, here is Film File Europe's site - invaluable if time consuming - just start with A!

http://www.filmfileeurope.co.uk/search.asp?s=1&lang=en&t=2&r=6&k=&y=&l=1

That's good!

You must have impressed someone. I had a producer from teh BBC ring me once, and I got all excited. I had sent in five speculative scripts. Turned out they were having a pop at me for sending in incorrectly formatted material for a radio show by fax which wasted their paper.

Niiiiice.

Bastards! If they only knew how we snuffle about in the vain hope that a few crumbs will fall from the table of production. My heart even misses a beat when a double glazing salesman calls (which is why I'm extra obnoxious when I realise they're not from a prodco!)

Double glazing is a *kind* of production...

True, and I promise I'll be nice to telesales people... when hell double glazes over.

Might as well stick a contact in here for Angel Eye. Their website seems quite encouraging to new talent, though there is no specific mention of submissions. You can but try though!

At the time of writing, Seb Barwell ('Head of Radio / Development Producer Comedy') is 'the first point of contact for new comedy scripts and treatments sent in to Angel Eye Media' and Charlotte Macdonald is 'Comedy & Entertainment Researcher'.

www.angeleye.co.uk

Charlotte Macdonald [charlotte.m@angeleye.co.uk]
Associate Producer
Tel +44 (0)845 230 0062
Mob +44 (0)7733 452 278
Fax +44 (0)845 230 9562

53 Bothwell StreeT, Fourth Floor, Glasgow G2 6TS

9 Rudolf Place, Miles Street, London SW8 1RP

EDIT: emails, as requested. No specific people but
Comedy Enquiries: comedy@angeleye.co.uk
Radio Enquiries: radio@angeleye.co.uk
Jobs Enquiries: jobs@angeleye.co.uk
Ideas Enquiries: ideas@angeleye.co.uk

Dan

No email? Phooey.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ May 10, 2007, 12:14 PM

No email? Phooey.

I've added emails above.

Dan

FYI Channel K, the Manchester subsiduary of Channel X, is 'happy to receive scripts / ideas and is keen to develop new talent'

For more info see their website - channelk.co.uk (click 'contact us' then 'got a good idea?')

Quote: Stylo @ May 2, 2007, 10:19 AM

I just send an e-mail to 'enquiries' or 'info' - they seem to get forwarded to the right person in the main. I sent a screenplay to World Productions using this method and was telephoned back and given verbal feedback, which was really useful!

And just for you Ed, here is Film File Europe's site - invaluable if time consuming - just start with A!

http://www.filmfileeurope.co.uk/search.asp?s=1&lang=en&t=2&r=6&k=&y=&l=1

Are those specifically for films? Or are there companies that accept sitcom scripts too?

Mainly film companies, but some do tv too.