Scallywagga.... Page 5

Quote: Frank Dartson @ May 7 2008, 10:08 AM BST

Which one did you write Perry?

My stuff is later in the series. I didn't get a lot on - unfortunately I couldn't contribute until quite late in the day. A combination of being quite ill for some time and trying to get my own stuff off the ground.

Still, as a show aimed at teenagers it seems to be hitting the mark - there's been good positive responses on the net, and even my own 17 year old son laughed (he didn't know I'd worked on the show). I agree that it's hit and miss in parts but that's true of every single sketch show ever made. I think it does its job very well.

Quote: Perry Nium @ May 8 2008, 10:53 AM BST

Still, as a show aimed at teenagers it seems to be hitting the mark - there's been good positive responses on the net, and even my own 17 year old son laughed (he didn't know I'd worked on the show). I agree that it's hit and miss in parts but that's true of every single sketch show ever made. I think it does its job very well.

But isn't it patronising to think that shows for teenagers have to be like this or Skins or The Inbetweeners? It seems a lazy and unimaginative way of pigeonholing an audience, and something TV channels are increasingly doing.

Quote: chipolata @ May 8 2008, 3:48 PM BST

But isn't it patronising to think that shows for teenagers have to be like this or Skins or The Inbetweeners? It seems a lazy and unimaginative way of pigeonholing an audience, and something TV channels are increasingly doing.

no

Quote: chipolata @ May 8 2008, 3:48 PM BST

Yes.

http://www.howtonotsuck.com/assets/images/arguing_on_the_internet.jpg

Incidentally I watched inbetweeners last night for the first time I thought it was brilliant.

Seriously, they're not brilliant. I don't mind you liking these kind of shows, that's your perogative, but to call them brilliant shows a woeful ignorance when it comes to comedy. At best, they're the work of hacks.

Well that's me told.

Incidentally jbduya, I enjoyed your PM to me calling me a cock.

Now now! *waves finger* Play nice! :)

People are free to make their views clear, but you can do that without an argument!

Chipolata obviously isn't happy with the standard of the show. Jdubya worked on it, so is behind the show.

I don't think either of you can change each others opinions.

Watched the 2nd episode. On a positive note I liked the girl farting in the bedroom sketch and the guy in the pub who cant talk to women.

Is there a guy in his living room who can't talk to anyone? 'Cos, y'know, I reckon that'd be amazing.

I wasn't that impressed. It's amusing but I am annoyed by the terrible acting...and what the hell is the Chilly Mondo (or what ever they say) thing about? I don't get it.

Quote: EllieJP @ May 11 2008, 11:38 PM BST

and what the hell is the Chilly Mondo (or what ever they say) thing about? I don't get it.

Pretty poor from what Ive seen so far, and I really dont get that Chilly Mondo thing either; whats that supposed to be about exactly? Did I miss something, or are they just saying Chilly Mondo and that in itself is supposed to be funny?

I didn't write that sketch but Chilly Mondo is basically a comment on how people so easily get sucked into pointless catchphrases. All the kids in the sketch are in the classroom shouting "Chilly Mondo!" at each other, and the teacher's begging them to realise their stupidity, shouting "You don't have to let it catch on!"

And just to prove the point, I was in town today and heard a young girl say it to her mate, although she said it wrong and went "A Chivvy Bongo!".