What are you reading right now? Page 9

Quote: zooo @ May 8 2008, 8:30 PM BST

Aw.
I can't see his name without thinking of that Bros song.

:O :O :O

Yup!
Deal with that.
Bros were awesome. :)

What Bros song?

It occurs at the beginning of this classic. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=szWkAaD00j0

I did a video last year about the public sphere and the internet using Karl Marx as my narrator. Got an A+ for the project. Here it is. That's me doing a bad German accent. I tried to make thick communication theory as humorous as I could. Rather impossible I think.

Laughing out loud

Very Good Curt!

I'm reading Kafka's Dick. Funny stuff.

Kershaw's biography on Hitler. And trawling the Internet for Nazi imagery, especially Nurmeburg.

It is depressing, enlightening, and a little scary. The control of image and also the stage-managed divergence of presented image from the reality and the fanatical acceptance by a secular, Western, technically advanced nation's general public, despite the glaring problems, echoes 1984's Double Think. The next wannabe Hitler will have an even-greater image machine backing him and can only learn from the mistakes of his predeccesor.

Anyway, it's hard but rewarding in many ways.

I really hope that book wasn't by big haired Radio 1 DJ Andy Kershaw.

Hitler was the Kajagoogoo of his day.

That said the image stuff, well that's happened. GWB, JFK, Putin (and his dodgy puppet), BJ? and frankly Barrack Obama, can any one nail a single solid policy of his. It's all about manufactured consent these days. The reason no ones being murdered on mass, is there's no economic need for it. That said the world bank, is probably one of the most efficent spreaders of death.

Oh and I'm reading the Bill Bryson Shakespeare book which is taking along time, as I keep googling bits.

Interesting it's the only book he wrote I didnt like, I loved his travle stuff (and he has us pretty well skewered in Notes from a small island).

Dracula! I'm only two chapters in, but I'm already scared. Last night, Jonothan Harker had just cut himself shaving and I screamed, waking up the whole house. :$

Hahaha, oh deary deary me.

Dracula got way evil and went for him!

You screamed. Reading a book.

You are very highly strung, young lady!

:D