Scallywagga.... Page 3

Quote: Winterlight @ April 30 2008, 7:27 PM BST

Did Jdubya write on it?

might have done

Quote: jdubya @ April 30 2008, 7:41 PM BST

might have done

teehee Pleased

Can someone explain what that sketch about the bloke, walking into the pub, wearing the suit and the hat, was all about?

Quote: catskillz @ April 30 2008, 8:01 PM BST

Can someone explain what that sketch about the bloke, walking into the pub, wearing the suit and the hat, was all about?

He predicts peoples PIN's... 2468... 3579...

IMHO, he's the only performer/actor/comedian in the whole show with any personality.

kjs

Quote: catskillz @ April 30 2008, 8:01 PM BST

He guesses people's pin numbers, but this was set to Tom Robinson Band's "2 4 6 8 Motorway." And the pin numbers came out as "2 4 6 8" and "3 5 7 9."

edit: Bugger. That's going to spoil it for people.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ April 30 2008, 8:59 PM BST

He guesses people's pin numbers, but this was set to Tom Robinson Band's "2 4 6 8 Motorway." And the pin numbers came out as "2 4 6 8" and "3 5 7 9."

edit: Bugger. That's going to spoil it for people.

I just said that... ;)

kjs

I liked the way Asbo Pin walked.

Quote: KJSmyling @ April 30 2008, 9:06 PM BST

I just said that... ;)

kjs

When I posted I didn't see your post so there. *sticks out tongue*

p.s. A minute difference.

And you gave it far more explanation anyway. ;)

I thought it showed a lot of promise, and was a bit 'fresher' than other recent BBC Three sketch show attempts.

My problem with the first episode was that a couple of the young actors didn't seem to have the natural talent needed to bring out the comedy that was in the scripts. I'm not going to name names (as they might be reading) but there was one particular sketch which I thought had a good premise but was totally ruined by the actors performing it.

Then again, I think Luke Gell (the camp Two Pints guy) was great - him and the Chip and Pin guy have good sitcom careers ahead of them I predict.

Get your glass ball out Mark! ;)

But yes, enjoyable and good fun! :)

Quote: Mark @ April 30 2008, 11:57 PM BST

Luke Gell (the camp Two Pints guy).

Ohh, so that's what he's been in.

Quote: Griff @ May 1 2008, 10:25 AM BST

Aarrggh! I've seen that sketch before somewhere.

You might have seen it in the pilot, "Spacehopper". That Carl feller who plays Asbo Pin is an excellent performer with bags of charisma, but I just don't get that particular character. Maybe as a quick one off, but they keep on repeating it...

Where's the funny?

Apologies to anyone on here who contributed to this show, but I thought it was lame. Lame writing and lame performances. There were a few nice ideas in there, but they were generally wasted. And what few sketches did work, had been done a million times before far better. For example, I couldn't watch the mobile phone one-upmanship sketch without thinking of the brilliant scene in American Psycho where Patrick Bateman finds his new business car blown out of the water by another yuppies uber-business card. And wasn't the idea of people annoyingly repeating sketch-show catch phrases done before by Colin Hunt in the Fast Show?

Another ditinctinctly mediocre sketch show from BBC3.

Why is it that everyone thinks they're a comedian, this show isn't in the least bit funny.This ranks along side other similarly awful shows the BBC drops on us which is all a bit embarrassing considering how great british comedy can really be sometimes.