Only Fools and Horses - the best series

There have been seven series' of Only Fools and Horses; which one is your favourite? It's a very very close contest between series' two and three, but I'm going for series two.

Either series two or series six for me. Both from different eras...I'm plumping for six though. They were on fire during that series.

I also have very fond memories of my late Grandad having a laughing fit when the dolls first popped up :-)

Series Six for me, every episode a classic.

I haven't watched enough to know.

That was pointless.
I've become one of those idiots who rings up a opinion poll to vote 'don't know'.

Series 6 is probably my favourite. Saying that, I really like the first couple of series for their early 80's charm as well.

Quote: zooo @ April 30 2008, 7:11 PM BST

That was pointless.
I've become one of those idiots who rings up a opinion poll to vote 'don't know'.

As you have your own religion we shall let you off. Besides, Aaron would beat us if we didn't *checks nervously for Aaron*.

Quote: jacparov @ April 30 2008, 7:19 PM BST

As you have your own religion we shall let you off. Besides, Aaron would beat us if we didn't *checks nervously for Aaron*.

:D

Quote: zooo @ April 30 2008, 7:11 PM BST

That was pointless.

You've caught Aaron disease! :O

Still, I suppose there are worse things to catch. Like, uh, ...

... Damn. Sorry. :(

Series 6 was the most memorable.

Interesting isn't it... series six seems to be the favourite (I'd agree with that). Much like movie sequels rarely does someone say that a latter comedy series is better than the ones before it, but OFAH does seem to be one of those shows that improved with age (but if only they'd stopped at the watch!)

The yuppie Del series was the one that really zeitgeisted it, but I have no idea which one that was. Although previous answers hint at 6 being a possibility.

Why is it I can't bring myself to watch this anymore?

I used to love it at the time but when I scan through the stations to see what's on I always avoid it.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Yep me too.

I never was a major fan of OFAH but now with repeat after repeat I'm even less of a fan.

Very overrated sitcom imo.

I disagree, it's one of those sitcoms that I can watch over and over again. I'm constantly selecting a Fools DVD to fill that sitcom shaped hole in my evening.

Quote: Mark @ May 1 2008, 12:00 AM BST

(but if only they'd stopped at the watch!)

Couldn't agree more. Less is often more. They went for the bucks rather than the quality.

Series 3 and Series 4. Comedy gold dust, sheer brilliance in the writing, acting and directing departments.