Scallywagga.... Page 2

Probably.

I just checked. It is on there!

if everyone who has BBCi could possibly download it or watch it or something, it might go some way to ensuring a second series and further opportunities for all us jobbing writers.

Quote: Aaron @ April 30 2008, 12:02 PM BST

Awful name though.

Too right, possibly one of the worst names for a comedy show I've ever seen.

Sorry if I upset anyone on here, who might have written some of the sketches on last night's show, but Christ, it was bad!!

Quote: Griff @ April 30 2008, 5:16 PM BST

I didn't see it, but - Hotzappa did you get your stuff on the telly last night ??!

If so, well done!

No, none of my sketches were used I'm afraid. The thing is, I can't really remember how many sketches I sent or even how many were accepted. But it's a nice feeling just watching, hoping something of yours will come up. Thanks anyway.

P.S. It was originally called Spacehopper but there were problems with the name, boo.

Quote: jdubya @ April 30 2008, 11:43 AM BST

Anyone see it?

Thoughts???

I enjoyed it a lot.

Me also.

I've just watched it on iPlayer; I didn't think it was too bad.

I think the show's strong point is in it's reveal sketches - picks for me were: The man on the keyboard scaring the kids, the hair straightening one and the bike race one. I thought some of the longer sketches didn't really go anywhere, but I did like the 'Iron' one.

It seems to me as though the shows aimed at a young audience, 18 - 24 demographic I think. The music and settings for the sketches seem set to appeal to that age group and probably a bit younger too. Although, Perry liked it and he's positively ancient.

Just watched this on iPlayer and found it lacking something, which is odd because I found Spacehopper funny.

They seem to have changed some of the cast, and not for the better.

Originally the Goth character was played by the lad who played one of the born again christian builders in Ideal, he was a lot funnier than that bloke from 2 pints...

Liked the PIN guy still... the rest was all a bit meh! for me

kjs

Sketch shows are very hard to get consistantly good, thats why the best ones stand-out. I watched 8 mins on iplayer, and I laughed twice. I'll try and watch the rest but it isn't looking good.

To be fair though, I don't think this is aimed at me. The BBC, like most broadcasters, seem intent on sectioning us all off into demographics. Rather than just making something good.

Quote: Winterlight @ April 30 2008, 6:58 PM BST

It seems to me as though the shows aimed at a young audience, 18 - 24 demographic I think. The music and settings for the sketches seem set to appeal to that age group and probably a bit younger too. Although, Perry liked it and he's positively ancient.

I'll put you over my knee you young f**king whippersnapper!

Hey! Leave me alone! At 25 I'm no longer eligible for a young persons railcard. And it hurts.

Aw!

I'm sure I read somewhere that a 'mature student' means anyone over 24 too.
I always thought it was about 30!

I have not yet watched Scallywagga, but will probably give it a go on iplayer, especially as some of it's written by people on here.

Did Jdubya write on it?

Must admit, the keyboard chap was funny.