The IT Crowd 2.0 Page 26

Quote: Aaron @ April 1 2008, 10:58 AM BST

James Corden is far more of a genius than Noel Fielding.

do you love Gavin and Stacey (most boring, cliched, worthless program ever), or are you just obsessed?

James Corden is a fat bloke! Wow! That's brilliant

'oh look a welsh idiot and an essex prat get married and they 'luv each over!'

lets all cry and laugh and throw baftas at them

Well Gavin and Stacey has won award after award so i'd say you're definitely in the minority.

It's funny you called it boring, cliched and worthless as that's what I thought when I read your post :)

Quote: Richard Wells @ April 25 2008, 1:12 PM BST

Well Gavin and Stacey has won award after award so i'd say you're definitely in the minority.

It's funny you called it boring, cliched and worthless as that's what I thought when I read your post :)

Just the kind of retort you would find in Gavin and Stacey.

Just to point out, I mentioned I'm in the minority you dick!

I said that most of the UK is made up of below average IQ, common, muppetts and old people.

IMO I don't think i fit into this category.

This sitcom is made for the great unwashed and appeals generically to as many morons as possible.

Quote: Oliver @ April 25 2008, 1:25 PM BST

Just to point out, I mentioned I'm in the minority you dick!

Personal insults like this are neither appreciated, nor needed. Please refrain in future. Thanks.

Quote: Oliver @ April 25 2008, 1:06 PM BST

do you love Gavin and Stacey (most boring, cliched, worthless program ever), or are you just obsessed?

I like it, but I don't "love" it. Not sure what you're suggesting I'm obsessed with either, but any character in Gavin and Stacey is worth 20 of Fielding's in The IT Crowd.

Quote: billwill @ April 25 2008, 1:02 PM BST

It always annoys me though that the stupid link announcers always call it
"the it crowd" ("it" as in "pit") instead of "The Eye Tee Crowd".

Could be because Graham Linehan has stated that it's meant to be '(p)it' and not 'eye tee'.

Quote: Oliver @ April 25 2008, 1:25 PM BST

I said that most of the UK is made up of below average IQ, common, muppetts and old people.

Yes - I probably fulfill all those criteria - and I love IT Crowd.

Gavin & Stacey is quite good too though.

I saw this for the first time repeated on More4 (the one when they go to see “Gay” the musical) the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long long long long long long time.

Unfortunately, the standard didn't keep so high Barry. :(

Quote: Aaron @ April 25 2008, 10:34 PM BST

Unfortunately, the standard didn't keep so high Barry. :(

Oh yes it did!

Oh no it didn't!

I still believe Series 2 is better than Series 1.

Quote: Aaron @ April 1 2008, 10:58 AM BST

James Corden is far more of a genius than Noel Fielding.

Wow, just seen that. Best April fool I've ever seen. At least I hope it was an April Fool Aaron... Aaron?

Quote: billwill @ April 25 2008, 1:02 PM BST

It always annoys me though that the stupid link announcers always call it
"the it crowd" ["it" as in "pit"} instead of "The Eye Tee Crowd".

I believe it is an intentional play on the phrase 'It Crowd' (i.e. hip and happening people). This was all part of the marketing for series one (remember the trailers?) but since seems to have been dropped.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 25 2008, 11:34 PM BST

Wow, just seen that. Best April fool I've ever seen. At least I hope it was an April Fool Aaron... Aaron?

He just really doesn't rate Noel. :(

At least in the IT Crowd. I'm not sure he's watched much of his other stuff?

Not recently enough to pass judgement, no.

I just really don't see any point or worth in that character. It's as if the part was written with no other reason than to put Noel Fielding in the show.

I think they were trying to expand the shows 2nd tier characters like Scrubs Sweaty Teddy and The Todd. I really like the character and think he is a positive addition.