Pulling - Series 1 & 2 Page 14

Quote: Aaron @ April 25 2008, 1:39 PM BST

I never got around to watching the second series! Damn!

First ep, second series is awesome! Really top quality sitcom in my view. Rest was good but didn't live up to that one.

Dan

Have to say, really enjoyed Pulling as a whole. I'm hoping for a third series, but I can see how they might want to leave it the way they did. Karen having her realization, sat alone in a pub in the middle of the afternoon; and Donna having to start over yet again because she couldn't swallow her pride. I suppose, if you're looking at the the series as a whole, it might indeed be a fitting end to the series.

Agree that the first ep of the series was rather good. Overall I think it's been quite strong actually, although there was one episode (think it might have been the second or third one) that I thought just stood out as being quite weak , the one when Donna's old friend turned up with Donna pulling out all the stops to impress.

I've really enjoyed the second series. My one small complaint is that at times it felt like the BBC's answer to Peep Show, which meant it lacked the originality of a truly great sitcom. I'd love a third series, though, and feel there's bags of places the characters can go.

I don't know whether I'd compare it to Peep Show, but I definately have to agree that it lacks something. It doesn't have all that much in the way of an original personality. It's a great show, but yeah; it does seem to be lacking a certain something. Still, I can't put it down to words so it can't be hanging too heavy over the show.

I thought the last episode of the second series was the funniest episode yet. Has me in hysterics, and nothing seems to do that these days. When he bought Karen a healthy lunch in the staff room! I'm not even sure why it was funny, it was that good!

Agreed Rebecca.

Karen is one of my Fav female Characters. She is fab.

Did anyone read these?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/organgrinder/2008/oct/02/bbc.television

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/oct/02/bbc.television1

No I hadn't - but thanks! Interesting...

No.

Yes.

I'm so mad at Danny Cohen right now... he's basically saying "I know Pulling is one of BBC3's most popular sitcoms but I'm cancelling it anyway and can't be bothered to come up with a good excuse. I'll fob you off with saying something like I'm looking for a quality new comedy"

So Danny, you're cancelling a show that is good, in the hope you can find something that is... good?

Basically I think the problem here is Pulling doesn't appeal to spotty youths who laugh at cheap Coming Of Age wank gags - they're the people he wants watching his channel, not people who appreciate good comedy!

Join the Facebook group everyone! http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=32540792029

I watched the first and second series of this, back to back on BBC Three the other day. (First time I've ever watched it. I had been avoiding it because of the 'PULLING' title. I thought it was just gonna be another 'American Pie' type comedy about a bunch of idiots looking to get laid.) Rolling eyes

I'm shocked at how good it was. So much so that I've come here to make a post. :S

It's easily the best British thing I've ever watched on BBC Three. That's not saying much considering BBC Three is so shit. But even if this was on BBC Two or BBC One, I think I would be saying the same thing.

I too came to Pulling a bit late on. I was initially put off thinking it was going to be another 'wimmins' comedy programme (or worse still, a Brit version of Sex and the City) but my friend convinced me I should watch it. I asked him if there was any singing in it and he said no, so I immediately tuned in and was pleasantly surprised.

The big problem with BBC Three is that there seems to be no quality control when it comes to hyping programmes. The Beeb3 PR Department should have gone into overdrive when they had a little gem like Pulling, but instead marketed it as yet another run of the mill romantic comedy / drama.

Instead of shouting it's praises to the rooftops, they instead decided to concentrate all of their advertising spots to utter shit like 'The Wrong Door' or 'Can Fat Kids F**k?' or whatever their reality bollox is called.

Bah!...and if I may be so bold. Gah!

Quote: kate Campbell @ October 3 2008, 4:41 PM BST

Did anyone read these?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/organgrinder/2008/oct/02/bbc.television

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/oct/02/bbc.television1

I don't understand, the first article is just opinion and the second article says 'Gavin and Stacey' is over. Forgive me, but... what is the relevance? Huh?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 16 2009, 4:52 PM GMT

I too came to Pulling a bit late on. I was initially put off thinking it was going to be another 'wimmins' comedy programme (or worse still, a Brit version of Sex and the City) but my friend convinced me I should watch it. I asked him if there was any singing in it and he said no, so I immediately tuned in and was pleasantly surprised.

The big problem with BBC Three is that there seems to be no quality control when it comes to hyping programmes. The Beeb3 PR Department should have gone into overdrive when they had a little gem like Pulling, but instead marketed it as yet another run of the mill romantic comedy / drama.

Instead of shouting it's praises to the rooftops, they instead decided to concentrate all of their advertising spots to utter shit like 'The Wrong Door' or 'Can Fat Kids F**k?' or whatever their reality bollox is called.

Bah!...and if I may be so bold. Gah!

I never saw Pulling but I'm really keen to see it, everyone who I trust says it's ace.

But I did like The Wrong Door. The first episode wasn't the strongest, but if you stuck with it, there were some really good sketches.