Life on Mars Page 3

Top tits?

Strummer.
Wave

I think it's an interesting idea setting it in the 80s, with changing attitudes towards women and the whole thatcherite era going on.
Mind you, it's going to be one hell of a leap of faith to have someone else transported back into the comatose character-world of someone who may or may not be dead or in another self-induced coma.

I thought no-one remebered the eighties. Personally I would have set it in 1974, i hope all the actors are back (obviously except fot Simm). I wonder if they'll play with the audience e.g. make the WPC Gene's boss, I can see it now, Gene-'first a woman's running the country now a woman's running my bloody department!' Thinking about it it could be good.

Quote: ajp29 @ April 13, 2007, 1:58 AM

I thought no-one remebered the eighties.

No one can remember the 90's. Well, I can't.

With Sam taking a running leap from the roof of a building, did anyone else think that the ending was like the film 'Vanilla Sky'?

Your right actually, very similar

And also how very twee it all was when all the main characters drove off into the sunset, laughing and joshing with each other, just like Dorothy and her mates in a Yellow Brick Road sort of way.

What happened at the end of Vanilla Sky? I've never seen it.

Ashes to Ashes should be dead good. All they need to do is cast Alex Drake.

I wonder what's happened to the film version which was announced after the first episode aired?

I think your wrong Baumski, it was more like the ending of 'Open Your Eyes.'

I thought the ending was rubbish aswell, I thought that a good ending would to have the members of staff at the hospital turn out to be the same people as in the dream. Also they didn't clear up what the black barman was suppose to be or represent. Very sloppy methinks.

Quote: ajp29 @ April 13, 2007, 12:10 PM

I think your wrong Baumski, it was more like the ending of 'Open Your Eyes.'

I thought the ending was rubbish aswell, I thought that a good ending would to have the members of staff at the hospital turn out to be the same people as in the dream.

That would have been a terrible end! The way they ended it was great, I thought; and open to interpretation, which makes it even more fun.

Well if anyone is interested I am attempting a Life On Mars Forum.A place to chat and pay homage to a classic television show in everyway at:-

http://lifeonmars.createmybb.com/index.php

Woo! Cool idea Craig. Catch you there.

Cheers Craig. I've joined.

I have just got series 2 on dvd.