Life on Mars Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ April 11, 2007, 12:31 AM

I want to see them fix the NHS first.

Me too. Without doubt, but a better film industry could bring in much more revenue for things like that. However the NHS is f**ked. It wont change. Less and less peeps are becoming nurses than ever before. It will all end up privatised like America, where the poor get nadda. Watch this space.

Anyhoo back to LOM. I thought the whole premise was a fab idea. Without it you would not have the suspense of, is he in a coma, mad or back in time.
The ending was just right. He jumped off a building because regardless of whether he was mad, it was fact or he was just dreaming, it was a better life than the one he had.
FaNtAbUlOuS....

I have cheated by watching only episode 1 of series one and the last ten minutes of the finale.
Very nice use of music. Lots of clues to what was going on if we only bothered to listen. And as the Wizard of Oz is one of my all time favourites. how can you resist "it was all a dream" and all those bits about him wanting to find his way home?

Great show, a bit of a weird ending which I didn't like 100%, but I guess the last one was always going to be odd.

Quote: charley rance @ April 11, 2007, 12:39 AM

Me too. Without doubt, but a better film industry could bring in much more revenue for things like that. However the NHS is f**ked. It wont change. Less and less peeps are becoming nurses than ever before. It will all end up privatised like America, where the poor get nadda. Watch this space.

Might be a start if they stopped - or at least drastically cut back on - pouring money down the drains that are overseas 'aid' and the EU. But anyway.

Lol UH OH politics talk Quick change the subject uhhhh... Look over there a dancing bear :D

Getting this thread back on topic, here's a cut down version of an article in today's Guardian...

DCI Gene Hunt, the sexist, plain-speaking anti-hero of BBC1's Life on Mars, is to swap his Ford Cortina for an Audi Quattro in a sequel to the hit show.

The BBC confirmed it has commissioned a sequel to the time-travel police drama, which came to an end last night.

The new eight-part sequel, Ashes to Ashes - also named after a Bowie song - will be set in 1981, and will catch up with DCI Hunt as he deals with the start of a new decade.

Simm will not return, but instead another officer - a woman, and a single mother to boot - will be transported back in time, which will presumably annoy DCI Hunt even more.

DCI Alex Drake - who has yet to be cast - finds herself stuck in the 80s after being involved in an accident trying to escape from kidnappers who abducted her and her daughter.

"I don't know how you do things in Hyde, but round here we don't go around time travelling all the time. Get the beers in you pillock"

This should be in that other thread but I can do quite a good impression of him as well.

oh yeah, thats what I meant to say, that spin off series idea sounds a bit shit.

Have you been approached about being in Ashes to Ashes Ginger? That was spot on you'd fit right in mate.

I feel...Concerned that it's being moved to the 80's but they writers seem to know what their doing so fingers crossed

Life on Mars is ... ahem, WAS my favourite programme along with Del Boy, Ballykissangel and 24.

Very good and very original - although someone will probably say different.

I read about Ashes to ashes but I wish they'd left it as it was.

Incidentally did he die when he jumped or is he in another coma?

Open to interpretation, a sort of definite ending; but one that could be read a few different ways.

I like to see it as he prefered being there in the 70's, even on the chance that he was dreaming it all. I tried to stop him suiciding.
"Oi Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" i cried.
However once he was back into the arms of 1973 I was glad he hurled his mad arse off.
What a cracking drama.

Quote: David Chapman @ April 11, 2007, 8:51 PM

Incidentally did he die when he jumped or is he in another coma?

Well I heard a heart monitor flatline.

I didn't even watch any of the series, but for some reason watched the final episode. It was excellent. But the 80s series sounds a bit rubbish. Especially with no John Simm.
But who am I to talk?

I thought it was great that the writers made you want him to return to the present more than anything, but the second he got there, you were rooting for him to go straight back to the seventies. Very clever.

And I did enjoy old Hunt calling everyone a pansy. What will he call this 1980s woman? Suggestions on a postcard.