Life on Mars

It's a bit off topic but I just watched the finale and I would like to say it was phenominal really the best bit of tv this year. Sorry guys just wanted to get it off my chest I'm going to miss it :(

Peace out

Yeah, loved this show; absolutely fantastic! Im going to miss it, but at least it never got a chance to get stale.

This show was a great kick up the arse to the government to make them plough some more money into our film/tv industry. Bloodie Brilliant. Infact i came on here to start a thread about it myself but you beat me Gavin.
The acting was outstanding and it is def one of the best things i have seen in years. Alongside of State Of Play.

I heard a terrible rumor though. The Americans have brought it and it is to be made into a blockbuster film starring Brad Pitt. It will be 70's America though, and without the typical british wisecracks. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Why cant we do that here huh?
Frigging Government piling all that dough into crap works of art like dead sheep. When we could be making brilliant films.

Thankyou bye.

Are we sure that is the last one or just the last in this series?

I never got around to watching any of it. I hope they repeat it soon.

It was the last :( there is a rumour that they are making a spin of with the Gene Genie starring.

Quote: charley rance @ April 10, 2007, 11:04 PM

This show was a great kick up the arse to the government to make them plough some more money into our film/tv industry. Bloodie Brilliant. Infact i came on here to start a thread about it myself but you beat me Gavin.
The acting was outstanding and it is def one of the best things i have seen in years. Alongside of State Of Play.

I heard a terrible rumor though. The Americans have brought it and it is to be made into a blockbuster film starring Brad Pitt. It will be 70's America though, and without the typical british wisecracks. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Why cant we do that here huh?
Frigging Government piling all that dough into crap works of art like dead sheep. When we could be making brilliant films.

Thankyou bye.

America are turning State Of Play (which starred John Simm, Bill Nighy, James McAvoy) into a film staring Brad Pitt.

The america's are making a version of LOM though, it's been put back because they can't find a suitable lead man.

Rumor has it Gene Hunt is going to be in "Ashes To Ashes" set in 80's.

I liked the ending kind of, you can take it different ways. Good use of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" and "Changes."

Charley, what the hell have the Government got to do with anything?

As for Life on Mars, very good. And yes, they may have said that it's the last ever episode. But as others have noted, they've not said it's the last of the characters. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just removed the whole why-am-I-here? stuff and made it a straight-up 70s-set cop show.

So how did it end tonight then? Do I have to know the show to understand? Because all I know is he was hit by a car and woke up in the 70's or something?

Aaron the government have cash they could use to build up our crap film industry. Least of all with the millions they make from the lottery. Obviously the more films made here the more revenue etc.

Christ, why does every other thread i put on here nark you so much??

Quote: Leevil @ April 11, 2007, 12:20 AM

So how did it end tonight then? Do I have to know the show to understand? Because all I know is he was hit by a car and woke up in the 70's or something?

Correct. He had 'woken up' in a coma, and in the final episode was successfully operated on in 2007 and woke up. But he missed the 'people' from the 70s, so jumped off the roof of the police HQ, thus killing himself and returning to them.

I say let Pegg & Wright lead the way in the British film industry.

Quote: charley rance @ April 11, 2007, 12:21 AM

Aaron the government have cash they could use to build up our crap film industry.

I want to see them fix the NHS first.

Quote: Aaron @ April 11, 2007, 12:27 AM

Correct. He had 'woken up' in a coma, and in the final episode was successfully operated on in 2007 and woke up. But he missed the 'people' from the 70s, so jumped off the roof of the police HQ, thus killing himself and returning to them.

That sounds very silly, but not actually seeing it, I can't make a real judgment.

It is. Somewhere else I said that it was the most f**king stupid (to paraphrase) premise in the history of TV. But the whole cop-show solving crime etc element to it was excellent.