BBC Comedy College Page 26

Quote: KJSmyling @ April 7 2008, 3:50 PM BST

The decision will use a time honoured and much tested BBC formula.
The names of the applicants will be spread, in a grid pattern, across a meadow. Masie, the BBC cow, will be released into the meadow and whom ever she shits on will be passed forward to the short list.

The names of the shortlisted applicants will be placed in a cage full of masturbating chimpanzees and the process will begin again... the first six names to be spunked on will be declared the winners...

kjs

Wow, this is the first time in my life I've ever wanted to be shit on by a cow and then spunked on by a chimp.

Well, first time in a professional capacity.

i don't think i can go through the whole shitting, spunking think again.

Quote: KJSmyling @ April 7 2008, 3:50 PM BST

The decision will use a time honoured and much tested BBC formula.
The names of the applicants will be spread, in a grid pattern, across a meadow. Masie, the BBC cow, will be released into the meadow and whom ever she shits on will be passed forward to the short list.

The names of the shortlisted applicants will be placed in a cage full of masturbating chimpanzees and the process will begin again... the first six names to be spunked on will be declared the winners...

kjs

OOOh you are awful, but I like you

Quote: johnny roulette @ April 7 2008, 2:08 PM BST

is the process for selecting the initial 12 writers based solely on the content of the 10 pages of submitted work? also, who is involved in the whittling process - i was wondering if the proposed mentors are involved, or is it high level BBC producers?

The long list is being selected on the basis of submissions. Further material may be requested, internet links followed up,or DVDs asked for if available.

Mentors are not involved in the selection process, but will be consulted in the selection of the people they are going to mentor.

The interview list will be compiled with the participation of senior members of the comedy department and the Writers' Room.

On the qualification question, the vast majority of submissions meet the criteria, and only a few people have chanced their arms.

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ April 7 2008, 6:00 PM BST

The long list is being selected on the basis of submissions. Further material may be requested, internet links followed up,or DVDs asked for if available.

Mentors are not involved in the selection process, but will be consulted in the selection of the people they are going to mentor.

The interview list will be compiled with the participation of senior members of the comedy department and the Writers' Room.

On the qualification question, the vast majority of submissions meet the criteria, and only a few people have chanced their arms.

So no Maisie and chimpanzees this time then?

kjs

Quote: KJSmyling @ April 7 2008, 6:02 PM BST

So no Maisie and chimpanzees this time then?

kjs

Damn. I was quite looking forward to starring in "Simian Semen Bovine Bukakke 3".

Who else has on here has applied for this scheme then? Come on, show of hands. I need to know which of you bastards I need to have rubbed out, see? You'll be sleepin' wid da fishes, see? Yeah.
(crap fifties gangster impression)

I havent yet, but Im going to.

Will do, but after I write a whole episode of Tilt. I've got to do in all the Tilt writers, and all the comedy college entrants as well. I'm going to busy. Might as well do the Chuckle Brothers while I'm at it.

By that I mean I'll be entering in a week or so.

Perry you should be a shoe in.

Finally sent my entry in yesterday afternoon.

Dan

Quote: sootyj @ April 7 2008, 10:19 PM BST

By that I mean I'll be entering in a week or so.

A week or so? Isn't the deadline the 14th? Don't cut it too fine, mate.

True, I want one more stab at Tilt. A broadcast credit, would help my rather sorryful effort.

On the sketch/sitcom theme. I wonder if there will be two groups or 'students' at the college. Or one group addressing all disciplines.

And just like in real universities presumably the successful candiadates will be expected to stay in during the day watching Doctors and Bargain Hunt. ?

Depends how much like the Writers Academy it is. You could be tried out on all the different disciplines, shifted from a team sitcom one month to a sketch show the next, to your own pilot the next.

I hope so anyway. I'm going to be submitting sketches, but I'd prefer to go the sitcom route, so I hope it's not as cut and dried as you're only going to do one thing.

I'm definitely going to get in as I've written this song: Ooh Comedy College, ye-heah, we're going to comedy college.

Quote: Marc P @ April 9 2008, 10:47 AM BST

On the sketch/sitcom theme. I wonder if there will be two groups or 'students' at the college. Or one group addressing all disciplines.

And just like in real universities presumably the successful candiadates will be expected to stay in during the day watching Doctors and Bargain Hunt. ?

Hello Marc and Antrax

I'll be devising the workshops and writers' programmes to fit the successful candidates, and will find out their aspirations when we do interviews. It's not like the drama scheme, because they have a number of long-running shows which people can move around, whereas we do shorter runs. Hence the developing original work strand.

I'm going to blogging on the Writers' Room site, and will post a link when I've got one set up.