Little Britain's racist, isn't it? Page 5

The whole show is in bad taste - that's not in dispute!

But as I say Ting Tong is ridiculing saddoes who buy Oriental women.

Quote: David Chapman @ March 29, 2008, 12:48 AM

The whole show is in bad taste - that's not in dispute!

But as I say Ting Tong is ridiculing saddoes who buy Oriental women.

And I say I believe that's the intention but that's not how it comes across to me.

FIGHT!

Quote: Badge @ March 29, 2008, 12:52 AM

And I say I believe that's the intention but that's not how it comes across to me.

Same here.
But I won't fight, I've just eaten.

Well of course the whole thing about Little Britain is it's anti gay.

Yup. Matt hates the gays.

Well what do they expect.

I don't have many prejudices but if the're going to wear tight, purple shorts like that that they don't do themselves any favours.

Laughing out loud

With Vicky, I think she'd be funny as a gormless teenager. The "she's a shit single mum as well," seems like mean spirited over statement. As for Ting Tong, the bought wives thing is a funny idea.

Monkey Dust did it better. And didn't need to say how funny Asians look and sound, which LB does.

LB does seem to like an extra, naughty joke, on top of a good joke. This can lead to some of the humour feeling a but gratuitous.

I ain't buying it. What about the Fat Fighters sketch? Taking piss out of Indian woman, not being able to understand her. I ain't a member of the PC brigade, but it's a case of double standards. They get away with it because of who they are. They're in the BBC comedy clique.

With fat fighters, it is pretty clear it's Marjorie who doesn't get the Indian woman. It's a rare example in the show of them getting it note perfect.

As for aren't women with no clothes on funny (and how ridiculous they might consider themselves attractive), and fat black women more so!

Plus the only Gay in the Village, is Daily Mail- esque obsessing with what gay people do,

The show is at times quite funny. But there's a nasty thread to it. That feels like it's allowing it's irate of Tunbridge Wells viewers, to laugh at the funny diferent people.

Quote: sootyj @ March 29, 2008, 10:42 AM

With fat fighters, it is pretty clear it's Marjorie who doesn't get the Indian woman.

Precisely! It's not racist at all. The point of those sketches is that Marjorie is ignorant and self-centred, and has pre-decided that she doesn't understand what the Indian lady says, just because she's Indian. There's no racism to it in the slightest.

Quote: sootyj @ March 29, 2008, 10:32 AM

With Vicky, I think she'd be funny as a gormless teenager. The "she's a shit single mum as well," seems like mean spirited over statement.

Having grown-up in Bristol (where Matt Lucas lived and got the idea for Vicky Pollard) I met 'Vicky Pollards' a number of times. And I would say that if anything Lucas tried to make the character more sympathetic than the real-life Vickys.

know anyone black who finds it racist? I do.
Anyway i'm dropping it now. most of their stuff ain't funny that's all i shall say. As for naked women being funny. The TITTY BANG BANG sketch, now that's hilarious, come to think of it so is the rest of the show. no sorry i was thinking bout a burning baby int burning building.

Monkey Dust rules, and shows the way.

Hey I sent a sitcom to the BBC the other day, about 2 rag and bone men 9father and son) who don't get on. One of them calls the other a dirty old man alot.